“Blue Hut..............Gold Star.”

Ranked #19 of 83 Restaurants in Teignmouth
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Takeaway or outdoor seating with fantastic River Teign views,situated on the River/back beach.Open from 10am to 5pm (longer hours during the summer), weather dependent CLOSED UNTIL APRIL 2018 (EXCEPT FOR SPECIFIC DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED)
Reviewed 14 July 2014

If it wasnt for the half a dozen signs dotted around the car park and the Back beach you could quite easily miss this little jem. It is situated among dozens of weather and surf beaten beach huts and fishermens workshop's, but once found WOW. Not the high end seafood style establishments you find in Dartmouth and Salcome but easily worthy of its five star status. The ever so polite and friendly owners produce some wonderful food. I opted for the mixed crab meat sandwich with salad. The bread was soft and fresh, the white and brown crab meat fresh and plentiful and the salad cool and crisp, it was like an ozone sarnie in my hand, so I guess you have deduced that it was yummy, yes it was, and I wont hesitate to go back there in August. As we were walking back to our car the owner, creator of this super sarnie came running after me enquiring how it was, he need not of bothered, it was worthy of the five stars that I have awarded, simply delicious.

1  Thank marka0017

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We got our lunch from the blue hut and ate it on the beach. Lovely crab sandwiches and a seafood selection of cockles, prawns and mussels. Gorgeous. Also they were really accommodating of my little girl who has coeliac disease and cannot eat gluten. They did not have any gf bread but were happy to make my daughter a sandwich with bread I had with me and were very careful on cross contamination. Using a clean board and knife etc. fab place!!!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

For three years on the trot I've had lunch at the blue hut while on holiday. It's my MUST go to place for lunch. To the point that the idea of eating anywhere else doesn't occur. The seafood is superb, and the service second to none.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband and I stopped by today 3 july at the blue hut near the back beach, for a wonderful snack, I had ,crab sandwiches and my husband had a prawn sandwich. We have never been here before, but what a find, the crab and the prawn sandwiches were prepared fresh by john , they were delicious ,and because I didn't eat my crusts ,on leaving john said next time he would cut them off for me(hold you to that john, however we are back off to surrey tomorrow, but we will be back), for the best crab and prawn sandwiches around.
Best wishes to the blue hut.

Penny Dave & two doggies

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Always make time for a visit to the Blue Hut, it never disappoints year after year the quality and value remains consistent. Wonderful Fresh Crab and Seafood sandwich always freshly made. A lovely place to sit and watch life go by!!

1  Thank John O