“Surprising”
Review of The Riviera Bar - CLOSED

The Riviera Bar
Price range: US$3 - US$27
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Nestled beautifully on Teignmouth's sea front is the town's most iconic building, the Riviera bar. Alongside the fantastic range of Real Ales and delicious wines and cocktails we offer a menu that boasts fresh and tasty dishes jam packed full of wonderful flavours, colours and textures created from only the freshest and best local produce. As well as our main dishes, we offer a good selection of Devon style Tapas which are well priced and offers not only great quality but sublime value for money as well.
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Spur of the moment evening in Teignmouth, and I had my heart set on a pizza at the Colosseum. Alas no booking had my wife and I walking the streets for a bit.

Stumbled upon The Riviera and was intrigued by the menu, as o had never seen one like it. Chicken Burger on the same page as a Beef Rendang?!

Well, the service was excellent and I enjoyed my pint of gun dog while watching the young chef intently through a window from my seat.

We decided on the more exotic dishes after starting with the sharing platter - the platter being lovely, fresh olives, warm bread with generous servings of the two.

In short, the staff are friendly and seem genuinely interested in your experience. The food is very good indeed.

I would advise perhaps moving further towards the dining side if things and leaving the bar side of things behind.

7.5/10

3  Thank SamuelKinver-Wrigley

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We held a team meeting here. The location was ideal on a sunny summer’s day with access to the balcony. The buffet provided excellent. Very helpful would recommend.

3  Thank Simon H
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Have been here a few times and have had different experiences as it always seems to be changing hands! Making each visit interesting as one visit it was up market pub food to indian food? Very diverse! Recent visit was more enjoyable as the new manager seems to have made it more of a pub and so a more relaxed environment then previous. Wonder which experience we will have next? Maybe it will be a sushi bar!

3  Thank lorrieloo94
JohnPerkins, Owner at The Riviera Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for coming to The Riviera Bar. I see you enjoyed your latest experience here and like all the changes we have made. That's why I surprised you only saw fit to give us a three star review. I'm sure you will agree the food was excellent. Yes our chef of from India. but he is from Kerala and the food he produces is so very different from the usual indian food around (most of which originates from Bangladesh and Pakistan Not only that, but his menu includes some fantastic British and European food too. Indeed his steaks are amongst the best I've tasted and we get so many comments, most of which never appear on here.
Hopefully you will come along again and enjoy The Riviera Bar and agree that the food, service, atmosphere are very good and amongst the best around this part of Devon. If it isn't then please make sure you tell me at the time.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We booked the Riviera's 1st floor function room at a very reasonable cost for our wedding reception for c. 50 guests on 31st May 2014. While the buffet was provided by prior arrangement with an external caterer, The Blue Hut (reviewed separately on Trip Advisor), the Riviera staff were helpful and accommodating with all the other elements of the event, recommending an excellent local band, assisting us with the decorations beforehand, and storing our presents and paraphernalia away safely until we could collect them the following day. The function room was ideal for our purposes (while noting that the lack of a lift might pose a problem for any guests with limited mobility!) as it is equipped with its own bar and outside seating on the balcony with lovely views over the sea, and is suitable for live music. Many thanks from Cath and Chris.

4  Thank Cathkins
JohnPerkins, Owner at The Riviera Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

We are so pleased everything went so well. The Riviera certainly is a very special place in and around Teignmouth and is becoming the party venue of choice. Using our upstairs room and balcony seems to be perfect for you and I know all our staff were delighted to serve such a lovely wedding party. You and your guest seemed so happy.

Thank you for choosing The Riviera for your very special day and for your excellent review. John Perkins

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The Riviera café-bar is a great place to meet up with friends even if it is only for a coffee and a chat.
My wife and I have eat here too, the food has always been first class and the choices are different from ALL of the other local eating places in Teignmouth. The staff are always very pleasant and always do the best they can for you.
When the sun is shining it is great to sit outside and watch the world go by, the patio area is surrounded by low hedging and metal railings that gives a more private feeling to the place.
We Love it! But no matter where you go you always seem to get someone who likes to moan. The best thing to do is ignore the moaners and decide for yourselves.

3  Thank Terry01626

Thank you so much for your very positive comments about The Riviera Bar. We are a new business with new staff and a new chef. so it's very important to us to get things right and make The Riviera a very special place for Teignmouth.