“great british chippy”

Cuisines: Fast food
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 December 2013

An absolutely fabulous fish restaurant. I can't bring to mind any faults whatsoever. All the staff are well -mannered, polite and friendly. They offer what other similar establishments don't.(service with a smile. I highly recommend this place. lol. :-)

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Ordered takeaway. Fish cooked from fresh. Lovely crispy batter. Divine chips. Sat on the quayside and watched the sun go down. Does not getter better than that.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Three of us had lunch at the Jolly Good Fish Cafe in Teignmouth in November 2013. We all chose the cod, chips and peas (there was no chicken or haddock that day. They also said that the fish were one size only - this didn't bother me). This picture is not an actual shot of our meal!

Number 1 fish was discoloured and smelt strongly and wasn't eaten.
Number 2 fish was slightly discoloured and had a slight whiff and was partially eaten
Number 3 fish was slightly discoloured and had no smell and was mostly eaten.

The woman working there said that she was 'unhappy' with the fish that was delivered. Personally, I wish she had rejected it - that's what I would do. I certainly wouldn't have served the fish to paying customers.

My companion chose a pineapple fritter from the menu as a replacement...they had no pineapple....and came back to tell us they couldn't buy any locally. I have a fresh one and tin of it at home and ALMOST went back to get them.

They also forgot to bring my bread and butter which was included in my meal deal. What a shame. We are local to this place and eat fish and chips regularly. So, they tried to remedy the situation, but the situation shouldn't have arisen in the first place.

We will be returning to Finn McCools next time - that place has never let us down in any way.

2  Thank grazingkate
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This is the second time we have had fish and chips taken away from the Jolly Good, and they were really very good, the fish looked and tasted so fresh as did the chips, would definitely go again, in fact wouldn't now go anywhere else!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Hand in Hand is a community group in west Teignmouth , We had an event recently and needed Fish and Chips, We approached Jolly Good fish Café regarding an order of 40 Fish and Chips, They provided the meals at a great price and Every portion was prepared and cooked perfect.
Some of the comments we had from our event were
"I'm coming back to Teignmouth for the Fish and Chips" " I wish they had Chip Shops like this where we live" "Such good Fish at such good prices"
Will defiantly use again for future events.