“Absolutely disgusting!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jolly Good fish Cafe

Jolly Good fish Cafe
Ranked #10 of 78 Restaurants in Teignmouth
Cuisines: Seafood, Fast food, British
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Cash Only, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Absolutely disgusting!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

The worst fish and chips ever! Inedible chips - old potatoes burnt outside, not cooked inside. Fish Batter appalling. Two staff without a clue how to cook or serve. Were the normal staff not there? Still no excuse. Will never use again. As a local this is a terrible embarrassment for Teignmouth.

Ian

• Visited February 2014

“Community Group”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

This is the second time we have used Jolly Good Fish Café and we ordered 51 Fish and Chips, Which included One Gluten Free, All the food was cooked perfect and some amazing feedback from out group. One quote was The Best Fish and Chips I have Ever Eaten And I Am A seaside Town Boy.

• Visited January 2014
“great british chippy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

An absolutely fabulous fish restaurant. I can't bring to mind any faults whatsoever. All the staff are well -mannered, polite and friendly. They offer what other similar establishments don't.(service with a smile. I highly recommend this place. lol. :-)

• Visited December 2013
Bampton, United Kingdom
“Cracking chips & fish - made to order”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Ordered takeaway. Fish cooked from fresh. Lovely crispy batter. Divine chips. Sat on the quayside and watched the sun go down. Does not getter better than that.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Devon, United Kingdom
“Not so Jolly Good on this day”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Three of us had lunch at the Jolly Good Fish Cafe in Teignmouth in November 2013. We all chose the cod, chips and peas (there was no chicken or haddock that day. They also said that the fish were one size only - this didn't bother me). This picture is not an actual shot of our meal!

Number 1 fish was discoloured and smelt strongly and wasn't eaten.
Number 2 fish was slightly discoloured and had a slight whiff and was partially eaten
Number 3 fish was slightly discoloured and had no smell and was mostly eaten.

The woman working there said that she was 'unhappy' with the fish that was delivered. Personally, I wish she had rejected it - that's what I would do. I certainly wouldn't have served the fish to paying customers.

My companion chose a pineapple fritter from the menu as a replacement...they had no pineapple....and came back to tell us they couldn't buy any locally. I have a fresh one and tin of it at home and ALMOST went back to get them.

They also forgot to bring my bread and butter which was included in my meal deal. What a shame. We are local to this place and eat fish and chips regularly. So, they tried to remedy the situation, but the situation shouldn't have arisen in the first place.

We will be returning to Finn McCools next time - that place has never let us down in any way.

• Visited November 2013