Why we are so happy with this place:
- Service starts already at home, where Davids Dad called me serveral times to make sure, I got
all emails and even called me for personal travel tipps! What a great service is that?
- Location is great - close so many locations
- The room is wonderful. We stayed in Portland as we brought our Dog. Portland has a small
attached private Garden. The rooms are huge, with all equipment necessary, Coffee Tea, a
Bathroom with a bathtub and a big shower. We felt like a 5 star Hotel!
- Breakfast is wonderful, rich and everything you need
Besides all this I want to point out the incredibly friendlyness of David and his lovely family. We did not felt like simply guests, they made us feel the first second like friends welcome in their beautiful home. Also their private big garden which we were allowed to use for Errol to play. Did we needed more? No, absolutely not. All of our 4 nights were perfect. Thank you to all 3 of them for making us feel so welcome!
Make sure to visit the Royal Oak Restaurant down the Road for Dinner. Their food is excellent and Dogs are allowed too. Also I can recommend visits to Shaftesbury & Dorchester, really nice cities closeby. Go to the Jurassic Coas (Lyme Regis and Kimmeridge) for fossil hunting. But watch the tides! You can only do it by low tide.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Mill Bed and Breakfast has been recently established from the original village water mill which dates back to about 1750. Set in its own grounds and paddock of nearly 2 acres, and bounded by the Bere Stream, the Old Mill provides very comfortable yet modern en-suite accommodation in four large bedrooms. The Old Mill has a lobby, cloakroom and breakfast room on the ground floor, accessed via your own front door and four very comfortable en-suite bedrooms on the first and second floors each of which can be provided as a double or as a twin room as you prefer. Each bedroom has a restored antique brass, iron or wooden bedstead giving either a Super King sized bed or two 3 foot singles, as you prefer, by arrangement. In addition, we have 2 z beds which can be made up for a child under 12. All the bedrooms have an en-suite bathroom, a built in wardrobe, a chest of drawers, flat screen TV, freeview, free WIFI and tea & coffee making facilities. All the rooms are furnished with antique and period furniture and pictures appropriate to their Dorset names. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Ebookers so you can book your The Old Mill Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Mill Bed & Breakfast Dorset/Bere Regis