The Royal Oak Hotel
US$277
US$179
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
The Crown Hotel(Blandford Forum)
US$100
Limestone Hotel(West Lulworth)
US$171
Premier Inn Poole North Hotel(Poole)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$148
US$131
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe pubroyal oaksteakmonkey worldfull english breakfasthunters chickengluten free foodbeer gardennot hesitate to stay here againfor sunday lunchgatwick airportall sortslovely atmospheregreat value for moneyb bon arrivaltea and coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We visited with the family on a couple of occassions whilst staying near by. There is a good selection of beers and has a varied menu. The first time we ate was for an evening meal, we had a good spread from the menu as there is six of us in total.

All the meals arrived in good time, were piping hot and were cooked to perfection, The pork loin was good as was the hunters chicken and both the vegetarian and meat lasagnia's.

The second time we visited was for a lunchtime snack and we had a further 2 members of the family in our party and we had some baguetts and some from the main menus incluing the steak. All were excellent - home cooked ham, freshing grilled chicken and all at a very reasonable price. I think i speak for all when i say i would definatly recommend.

A clean, friendly and welcoming local with plenty of outside space a very nice local pub with good food and friendly staff!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Douglas K
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My wife and myself returned from a day-trip to Weymouth and stopped of at the Royal Oak for a bite. My wife had the pork loin chop and i had the steak and both were spot on. Steak cooked perfect med rare and and the green peppercorn sauce with the chop was so nice i asked for a portion for myself. Nice food for a reasonable price. With a couple of drinks and coffee under £30.
(Only negative for me was the garden is next to a road with a bit of traffic so a bit noisy)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marco I
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We stopped here this evening on our way home from a day out in Somerset. The menu was very dated with lasagne and garlic bread, gammon and chips for example. I ordered chicken breast, this was over cooked and very chewy served with a watery mushroom gravy and vegetables. The new potatoes were tasteless. My partner had lasagne and it was very salty, the garlic bread was cold and oily. The service was prompt and polite but I was disappointed that the food quality was so average and could have produced much better at home. Won't be going back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We stopped here for a relaxing break and a meal on my way north. Situated between Dorchester and Poole, Bere Regis was apparently named royally by King John. We ordered two steaks from the menu and waited. It was a very nice atmosphere and the view was of the countryside. The place was very clean and the staff were warm and friendly.
When the meal arrived it turned out to be the nicest one of our trip. I can highly recommend coming here and can safely say you wont be disappointed. The meal was more than adequate and the bill was surprisingly small. Give it a try. I cannot rate the hotel part as we didn't stay, but it would have been very quiet I am sure.

Room Tip: Its a quiet place with good views evrywhere.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Booked in at the Royal Oak just for the locality to Monkey World in all honesty and when we return later in the year to Monkey World we will again be booking the Royal Oak :) Excellent building full of character, for a B&B I thought our room was fantastic and spacious with several windows so natural light was never a problem. The food served is beautifully fresh and portion wise you can go all day on the full English breakfast and every evening meal we had again was cooked fresh and hit the spot, from the starters, main and sweets.

A big thumbs up to all of the staff who by their genuine friendliness made us feel right at home and the local patrons who we shared a fair few stories and laughs, thank you all for helping my wife and I having a great holiday and celebrating her 30th birthday.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple