“Really outstanding hotel.”
Review of Summer Lodge

Summer Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Evershot
Reviewed 11 March 2013

My husband and I have just returned from another wonderful stay at Summer Lodge. The service here is exceptional and every member of staff displays the same professional, friendly and personal approach. Special praise for Katie in reception and the excellent waitress who has memorised details of all 27 cheeses on the cheese trolley! Food is outstanding and the chef's lamb signature dish one of the best meals I have eaten. The sommelier, Erik, has won numerous awards and is currently competing for Worlds best sommelier in Tokyo which is truly a remarkable achievement and his knowledge and advice, combined with an extensive wine list make Summer Lodge a must visit for wine lovers. The rooms are charming and can be viewed online so you are able to chose one that appeals to your taste. The location in the pretty village of Evershot is wonderful with the adjacent deer park providing wonderful walks. Really this place is a hidden gem and has to be experienced to be believed - book now, you will not regret it!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Evershot1, General Manager at Summer Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2013

Dear MicheleSomerset, Katie and Eric are absolutely thrilled to be acknowledged for their efforts and we are all very grateful to you for your kind review of your stay at Summer Lodge. I am delighted to see how much you enjoyed your stay and look forward to perhaps welcoming you back one of these days. Sincerely, Charles, General Manager.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

We first introduced to Summer Lodge due to being invited to a friend's 50th birthday party there, where they had taken over the entire hotel for the celebration.

My husband had been looking for somewhere to hold his 40th and after our stay and a very enjoyable birthday event, he decided that there was nowhere better to hold his own party.

I can highly recommend this small but perfect hotel for any event whether it be for sole use, a weekend escape or just Sunday lunch. I could go on and on and bore you with minute details but take it from me, the staff, rooms, restaurant, service and spa is second to none and you will have the most perfect stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear DidsterUk, we are thrilled to see that you found us "second to none". Thank you very much for your kind review of Summer Lodge. Hopefully, it will not be too long before we can welcome you back on your third stay. Sincerely, Charles, General Manager.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

When your wife of 22 years tells you to pack your bags a whole range of emotions enveloped ones imagination...but knowing my wife i need not have worried. A secret birthday surprise in more ways than one!!(howcome everyone knew apart from me!). The setting is beautiful, atmosphere relaxed, staff extremely pleasant and professional...but the food..well its to die for....excellent couldnt fault it..apart from.....no black puddding with english breakfast. Our room was beautifully appointed with lots of quirky nic naks. We chilled out in the spa..enjoyed a very good massage, fell asleep, drank champagne and all in all an excellent weekend.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Evershot1, General Manager at Summer Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Dear jwjoydays, thank you so much for your kind review of Summer Lodge. I and my team are thrilled to see how much you and your husband enjoyed you stay. I was very happy to meet you and discover your great establishment. Sincerely, Charles, General Manager.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

We spent Valentine's weekend at Summer Lodge and had a fabulous stay.

We had dinner at the award-winning restaurant and thought the food was delicious. Breakfast was equally amazing and is taken in the lovely conservatory with views onto the garden.

The drawing room is beautiful, with a fireplace, and the perfect place for tea. Their afternoon tea is delicious too.

The bar is beautiful and boasts a collection of over 100 whiskeys.

Finally, the location is ideal. The hotel is a 40-min drive away from from Durdle Door Coast and Lulworth Cove (both gorgeous), which means that you can visit and enjoy Dorset's dramatic coastal scenery even if you can only stay a weekend at Summer Lodge.

Room Tip: Ask for your room not to have a view onto the car park
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Evershot1, General Manager at Summer Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Dear Well-travelled-NW3, I am very grateful for your kind review of your St Valentine's weekend stay at Summer Lodge. Hopefully, it will not be too long before we can welcome you back. Sincerely, Charles, General Manager.

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Decided to surprise my husband for our wedding anniversary and had the most magical weekend stay. We stayed in the romantic "ivy cottage" with our own private hot tub. The staff were amazing, professional/attentive and so welcoming and friendly.
We had dinner at The Acorn on the first night which was delicious but our dinner at the hotel was out of this world and our desert plates came piped with "happy anniversary", a very memorable and personal touch.
The massage at the spa was the best I had ever received.
We cannot fault this hotel - just perfect in every way - returned home fully relaxed and totally spoilt - will definitly return

Room Tip: Ivy Cottage for romantics - especially in the winter
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LMC64
Evershot1, General Manager at Summer Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

Dear LMC64, Thank you for your kind review of Summer Lodge. I am thrilled to see you had a "most magical weekend stay" in our Ivy Cottage to celebrate your wedding aniversary. I am just as happy to know that you will return and hope it will not be too long before that happens. Sincerely, Charles, General Manager

Reviewed 28 January 2013

We spent another day, yesterday, at Summer Lodge - at their beautiful spa and lunch in the hotel. It always amazes us how perfect the air and water temperatures are in the spa. It was pure bliss! Their was a blip at lunch which was entirely my fault - I didn't mention an intolerence to an ingredient when I ordered. (I stupidly assumed it would be on the side, which I could ignore). When the course arrived, I had to admit I couldnt eat it as this ingredient was mixed in with the dish. Summer Lodge staff dealt with this in their usual impeccable way, removed the plate quietly and brough me another. Thank you Summer Lodge, once again, for making our day so special and memorable.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VivC116

Dear VivC116, I am delighted to see we made your day "special and memorable". Thank you so much for your kind review of Summer Lodge. Hopefully, it will not be too long before you visit us yet again. Sincerely, Charles, General Manager.

Reviewed 26 January 2013

Stayed here for a romantic weekend away and it was fabulous (despite the english summer rain). A beautiful country house hotel, great service - nothing too much trouble. Had afternoon tea one afternoon and the other night dinner - would recommend both. Dinner was delicious and wish we'd eaten there both nights rather than going to the pub up the road in the village. The weekend was a real treat and worth the money. Will be back!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liz M
Evershot1, General Manager at Summer Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review of Summer Lodge, Liz M. I am delighted to see you found us a real treat and worth the money. Hopefully, next time you stay, we will be enjoying better weather. Sincerely, Charles Lotter, General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Evershot
Dower House Hotel
Best Western Weymouth Hotel Rembrandt
Bridge House Hotel
Bridge House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Beaminster

Been to Summer Lodge? Share your experiences!