“Peaceful setting, wonderful service, great food.”
Review of Summer Lodge

Summer Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Evershot
Reviewed 1 July 2014

An idyllic place to stay away from it all - you can't even hear a road from here. The service is first class, the gardens delightful and the food outstanding. Heavenly!

This was our third visit and we will return again. Even if the weather is not too good, you can enjoy the relaxing spa with its long, heated, covered conservatory-style pool.

1  Thank Alex T
Evershot1, General Manager at Summer Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Alex T, thank you so much for this very kind review of your stay at Summer Lodge. I am delighted to see how much you enjoyed your third visit and that you find the hotel as enjoyable when the weather is bad as when it is good. It is very good to know that you will visit us again, thank you. Sincerely, Charles, General Manager.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

My husband planned a couple of nights away we took the dog but not the kids haha when we arrived at the accomodation he had booked we found out that the dates were wrong and the place was full. My husband scoured the internet to find somewhere else that we could stay. Summer Lodge were fanastic and we arrived 2 hours later at 9 oc in the evening. Everything was ready, we had our own little thatched cottage in the grounds, complete with four poster bed for us and dog bowls and dog bed for the dog. The cottage was beautiful with a lovely sitting room downstairs, tea and coffee making facilities, comfy sofas and a flat screen tv. Upstairs there were two bedrooms plus a lovely bathroom with roll top free standing bath and huge shower, the products such as shampoo, conditioner etc were all very nice as were the large soft towels and it was good to see robes and slippers included too. The main bedroom as I said has a large four poster bed with lovely white cotton bedding which was super comfortable. Plenty of cupboard space, iron, hair dryer and another fat screen tv. Breakfast next morning was served in the garden, great choice and very tasty. Our dog was made very welcome which again was a nice touch as in other places where we have stayed with her she has been confined to the car. The food in the restuarant in the evening was superb ( this was the only place the dog was not allowed which was completely understandable) although you can eat in the bar and have your dog with you if you prefer.
We didn't take advantage of the swimming pool or spa simply because we hadn't planned our stay but we will certainly go back very soon and take full advantage of all the lovely facilities and gym.
All in all we were over the moon at finding such a lovely place, beautifully decorated and well kept, the grounds were amazing too ( I even found a doggy bin) we will be back!
If you do not like dogs, please please do not let this put you off, there was only one other dog there and it was all very quiet and peaceful.

Room Tip: Having stayed in one of the cottages, I would thorougly recommend one - but the rooms in the main ho...
1  Thank Sandra B
Evershot1, General Manager at Summer Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Sandra B, thank very much for this funny, very detailed and thoughtful review of your unexpected stay at Summer Lodge. I am delighted to see we were able to help you out of the pickle you were in and thrilled to see how much you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully, it will not be too long before we are able to welcome you back. Sincerely, Charles, General Manager.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Always a pleasure to have lunch here, surrounding and garden is amazing and well kept and the hotel is very special. Amazing food always with a great selection to choose from and wonderful staff that cater to all your needs, can't wait to come back.

Stayed: June 2014

Dear justkeef, it is lofty praise indeed to see that we are your favourite restaurant and I am very grateful to you for taking the time to post this review. I am also delighted to know that you cannot wait to come back and hope it will not be too long before that happens. Sincerely, Charles, General Manager

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed at the Summer Lodge for three nights in June. The setting was wonderful, the staff was extremely pleasant and professional, and the food was excellent. The stay was so nice I am running out of adjectives to describe how pleasant our stay was.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Hugh S, thank you so much for this very kind review of your stay at Summer Lodge. It is wonderfully rewarding for everyone here to read something like "...I am running out of adjectives to describe how nice our stay was." My team and I hope it will not be too long before we are able to welcome you back. Sincerely, Charles, General Manager.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We regularly stay at one of the red carnation hotels in London, however we decided to try Summer Lodge as it is near to us. We booked in with our 2 labradors and immediately fell in love with the entire place.
The same excellent service from all the staff at the hotel and wonderful surroundings made it a really fantastic stay.

The food was amazing and we both really enjoyed our dinner so much so we intend to return with family and friends so they too can experience the Red Carnation Experience

Other hoteliers could do with following the lead from this excellent group whose service is the key word.

Room Tip: Calm and peaceful place
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Evershot1, General Manager at Summer Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear nilemp, it is lofty praise indeed to be thought of in this way and my team and I are absolutely delighted to see how much you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for posting this review. We look forward very much to welcoming you back to our beautiful hotel with you friends and family. Sincerely, Charles, General Manager.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I was invited for a lunch and what a wonderful hotel - can't wait to stay for a break. The staff so polite, the hotel so elegant and luxurious and the gardens a delight. The food was delicious and one of the best meals I have had in a long time - I wasn't paying so no idea about prices .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Fiona C, I am delighted to see that you felt that your meal was one of the best you have had in a long time. Thank you very much for taking the time to post this lovely review. I also hope it will not be too long before you return to stay. Sincerely, Charles, General Manager.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I had the most amazing time at Summer Lodge over two nights and three days. Staff were courteous, kind and knowledgable. They took every trouble to help organise myself and the groom to get ready for his big day. And I mean every trouble from polishing shoes to folding shirts. The staff at Summer Lodge are exceptional and nothing is too much. There is even a button on the phone that says "whatever whenever"

One of the highlights was the grooms family dinner on Friday evening, where we were served an extraordinary selection of delicious wines. These were introduced by the sommelier who was wonderful, knowledgeable but not snobby. Wine is not normally such a feature in my life but the team at Summer Lodge made it fun and interesting, even for a novice like me.

Thank you Charles and team, and I hope that I can come and stay with you again soon!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear willismuir, it is so kind of you to post this kind review of your visit to Summer Lodge and I am delighted to see how enjoyable you found it to be. It was a great pleasure having you as our guests and like you, I hope you can come and stay with us again soon. Sincerely, Charles General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Evershot
Dower House Hotel
#2 of 10 in Bridport
Bridge House Hotel
Bridge House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Beaminster

Been to Summer Lodge? Share your experiences!