“Lovely spot on a nice day.”
Review of Rose Tree Inn

Rose Tree Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Shincliffe
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Had a lovely Sunday lunch here with our family, We had booked and were shown straight to our table. Service was a little slow but it was very busy. We had three courses and all were very tasty and well presented. It was a lovely sunny day and I think the restaurant needed a little ventilation, we did not ask for a window to be opened, but it was rather warm. Our desserts were very nice, but I felt my ice cream was a bit overpriced for what it was. We would however recommend and go back again.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

A friend kindly invited us for an evening meal here, and we were not dissapointed.We went for the two course special, starters and main course £8.95, we thought was excellent value.Nice restaurant with very pleasant staff and great service.

4  Thank victor061
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went to this pub for a meal as our friends had said it was very good value, we know Ken and Noreen the owners and they recommended the flat steak which we both got it was tremendous cooked to perfection and we got a free glass of wine in with the price my wife also had a pudding which she described as heaven, I would definitely recommend this lovely little pub to anyone wanting a great meal at a very good price the service from the staff was very friendly so a good night all round

1  Thank Bulldog1259
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Wanted somewhere different to our usual haunts to take the in-laws for lunch. Knowing how popular this pub is, we rang first to check they had a table. On arrival the restaurant was full so we had a few minutes to wait at the bar as our table was vacated and relaid.
The Rose Tree has an extensive menu with plenty of choices, a light bite selection and specials board.
As the restaurant was busy, we did wait a while before our order was taken, and indeed, before our food was served. However, as usual the food was worth the wait. We ordered hot n spicy and the Rose Tree special burgers which were delicious, chicken breast in peppercorn sauce served with homemade chips and perfectly cooked vegetables and a jacket potato served with prawns.
Highly recommend but ring and pre book!

2  Thank karenah73
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Ate here last night with wife and Mother in Law (lucky me....). Menu was very good and steaks were really nicely cooked. Service good too. Will definitely go again when up here.

2  Thank Ashley J