I was a bit concerned when we arrived because Seven Stars is set between a fork in the road and it is also a pub. These are two sources of noise and I feared sleepless nights. I'm happy to say these fears were groundless. There wasn't much traffic and the clientele of the pub are older and not the noisy type.
So far so good. The rooms are comfortable and the place has character. But best of all were the staff. The waiting staff in the restaurant in particular were superb: not intrusive, but there whenever you need them. They really got the balance exactly right.
This is so much nicer than the big corporate hotels in Durham itself, and although I didn't walk it myself, I understand that it is quite easy to get into the city on foot.
I'm sure we will visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seven Stars Inn is a English country Inn with restaurant located in the picturesque village of Shincliffe, only one and a half miles from the centre of Durham City and Durham University. Originally a coaching Inn dating back to 1724 the Seven Stars Inn is now a friendly, family run restaurant and Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotel.de, Priceline, Agoda and HRS so you can book your Seven Stars Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seven Stars Hotel Shincliffe
- 7 Stars Inn
- Seven Stars Inn Shincliffe, Durham