“Great Food and Really Friendly Staff”
Review of Seven Stars Inn

Seven Stars Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Shincliffe B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 February 2014

My Wife and I had dinner at this pub when we came up to Durham to visit our Son at the University.
The food was really freshly and well cooked, and was very tasty! Delicious!
The Seven Stars Inn is obviously a very popular eating place with the locals - and I'm not at all surprised.
The Staff were very friendly, and made our visit really enjoyable
I would thoroughly recommend The Seven Stars Inn as a great eating pub.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 January 2014

we stopped here for 3 nts and found the staff very friendly and helpfull.the food is excellent and good beers.the room was a good size and clean.will be going back.this is an old building so you do get a few creeks which adds to the character.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed at the Seven Stars Inn while working in the library at Durham University. The university and city center were within walking distance and as the countryside is gorgeous, walking back and forth is not a hardship. My room was spacious and clean. As some of the other reviews have noted, the staff at the Seven Stars Inn are excellent; I found all of them to be extremely friendly and helpful. They really made me feel at home!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I went to The Seven Stars with a friend for am evening meal and straight away noticed the new menu. More basic food added but when it came it was to the same standards we have always received. Food very tasty, staff attentive and a nice relaxing night.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We visited this pub in November. Lovely location and nice atmosphere inside.
Downside is that when we were sitting chatting the main door would open and slam which was quite annoying as did the ladies toilet door.
I informed a member of the bar staff that both these doors need fixing and I was abruptly told it was only a door.
Maybe only a door but quite annoying slamming all night when a fix is so easy to make .

Will not be going back

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ian S
Reviewed 21 December 2013

The staff at Seven Stars Inn was remarkably friendly! Upon arrival, the receptionist showed me to my room and later guided me to the bus stop (a minute away) and helped out with a bus ticket. Breakfast was excellent - with a variety of options available, and as it was a festive season, the sticky toffee pudding post-dinner was an amazing finale to the stay. The room was small but clean, with a kettle but no phone and cell-phone reception is a little poor in this area. The heating went off automatically before check-out which was the only downfall. Location is great, buses come regularly on weekdays from the stop nearby and take approx. 10-15 minutes to the university and/or city centre. Well worth the money for a cozy, antique, quiet b&b.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 December 2013

One of the pleasures of returning from France to visit relatives in the North East is that I get to visit this great Hostelry just South of Durham City. Whether it is just to sample the local ales in the bar or enjoy a meal in the restaurant I am never disappointed. Last night I enjoyed their Xmas menu, which was fantastic and given the ambiance, the setting and the friendly quality service at £12.95 was incredible. Terrific and thank you to all those concerned.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Been to Seven Stars Inn? Share your experiences!