Just got home from a wonderful few days in Durham. Found this hotel on the internet & booked via their website, which was really easy. Looked ideal for what we wanted & we weren't disappointed. On arrival, the staff were extremely friendly & welcoming. The room was large & the bed was comfortable. Bathroom was small but didn't really matter, it had everything you needed. Some people have commented about the macerator on the toilet but we didn't find it a problem. The food in the restaurant was amazing. We'd booked a mini - break deal, so had a three course meal. My husband had the liver for his main & he said it was the best he had tasted. The portions are generous & we struggled to fit in dessert; it wasn't impossible though as it tasted so nice! There was a pub quiz on during our stay but you couldn't hear anything from the bar from our bedroom. Breakfast was as good as the evening meal, with staff remembering our preferences from the day before. Easy access into town via bus or a pleasant walk. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble for the staff and we can't wait to go back and stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seven Stars Inn is a English country Inn with restaurant located in the picturesque village of Shincliffe, only one and a half miles from the centre of Durham City and Durham University. Originally a coaching Inn dating back to 1724 the Seven Stars Inn is now a friendly, family run restaurant and Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LateRooms, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Seven Stars Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 7 Stars Inn
- Seven Stars Hotel Shincliffe
- Seven Stars Inn Shincliffe, Durham