“Friendly service, awful food.”
Review of The Olde Black Boy - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Olde Black Boy
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I feel bad leaving a negative review, however, after paying £5 for a watery can of cold tomatoes masquerading as soup I feel compelled to vent.

Our waitress was friendly enough, but the food was both poor and extortionate. The soup was supposed to come with half a baguette, it came with a soggy slice of bread.

I would've said something at the time, were it not for our waitress' affable nature.

Really wouldn't visit again, nor would I recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank CalGildart

Reviewed 6 February 2013

I have been visiting The Olde Black Boy Bistro for the last three years and have always been made to feel very welcome. Nothing is too much trouble. The food is lovely and the coffee the best I have had in Coggeshall. The staff are very friendly and polite. I would recommend this place to anyone and frequently do!

1  Thank peteCoggeshall
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We called in for a bar meal on Saturday night. When we asked for a menu the landlord (I assume) told me that they didn't do bar food on a Saturday night and anyway, they were full. No smile, no sorry, no interest, not even a 'goodbye' as we left. How rude.

4  Thank RevPaul
Reviewed 30 July 2012

the service was very good and the food lovely, although the white wine was not chilled enough. The music was not changed during the whole time which was a little annoying as it also kept getting stuck.
As it was lunch time it was fairly quiet but this could have been due to the whole of Coggeshall being quiet on the Saturday we were there.

1  Thank william1225
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Vey nice and homely. A surprising large choice of food. I choose well with homemade soup and crab salad. Portions were enormous. Very good atmosphere and very reasonable