All reviews white hart lovely village superior room listed building oak beams full english original features good size bridal suite the pub one night stay large room friendly welcome nice stay english breakfast night's sleep breakfast was excellent
Reviewed 21 November 2017

I stayed here in in October, it was very noisy with traffic and also I seemed to be directly over, or very near to a big heavy front door. Every time the door banged closed, my bed shook. Maybe the rooms higher up are less noisy. But where I was if I had opened the window and leaned out, I think I could of almost touched the busses going by. The bathroom the flooring didn't even fit around the sink and was very tired looking. My friend, in another room, had to ask to be moved as her bathroom wall was so damp and mouldy. It is a shame as the building it's self is lovely, if only it was looked after. When I came down to breakfast a very grumpy lady took my order, bringing me instead of poached egg on brown toast, I got an egg on a sweet muffin. The tea and coffee where left on the cereal table in flasks, for us to help ourselves and was extremely stewed. When a person on another table, complained and asked for fresh, the waitress was extremely huffy about it. The only saving grace of this hotel was a friendly and helpful man behind the bar. I certainly would have to be very desperate to stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank whyducks
Reviewed 9 November 2017

My husband and I stayed here recently just for one night, we had to go to Coggeshall for a funeral. Our room overlooked the high street, this didn't matter to us as it was very quiet most of the time. Our room was comfortable and very clean. The bathroom was large, with a hand basin in that would accommodate a small child at bath time. We didn't really eat there as we ate with friends, but breakfast in the morning was freshly cooked and served with a smile. We would certainly stay again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Stayed for one night in a superior room. Unfortunately the main lights did not work. We reported it and were told the manager would pop up. They didn't! TV didn't work either but we only stayed one night so didnt really matter. Food was good. Italian waiter was annoying! WiFi was good but you had to keep re signing in! Got a good deal so would come again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

This 'hotel' is at very best an average B&B
We were recommended it by Braxted Park, and I would recommend someone from Braxted Park stays there then decides if it should be on their list.

The receptionist was on the verge of rude, we asked her to book us a taxi to the venue and we
Werte told, 'that's why the numbers are written down for you to do'
The rooms were tired, a request for hand soap for the room could not be met as they had run out, a request for shower gel involved her going to the shop and returning hours later with some, at this point we were on our way out, (we washed our hands with shampoo) there was only the bathroom mirror in the room, which made getting ready a challenge, windows did not open. The overall experience was just disappointing.

Saving graces - the bed was comfy and breakfast was nice.

I would not recommend staying here.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank LondonJudithCharmers
Reviewed 25 October 2017

Travelled quite a bit on our UK trip and this hotel was one of the highlights! Jo and her crew were great from the moment we booked in until we left. The food was great, the atmosphere amazing - they even have singing waiter who had everyone in stitches during dinner! Well done Luciano!! The rooms were quaint, well equiped and maintained, the staff were friendly and efficient, we couldn't have asked for more.
Thank you so much for adding that little extra to our trip, we will be back!!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family