“Christmas dinner tasted like dog food....want a nice lunch? Go elsewhere”
Review of The King James

The King James
Ranked #27 of 57 Restaurants in Cheshunt
Description: J D Weatherspoon
Description: J D Weatherspoon
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I had a wonderful Christmas dinner here last year. I was disappointed with my return here a year later for the Christmas dinner as the diner that arrived 10 minutes later was cold. I returned the dinner and received a freshly heated up plastic quality dinner. The dessert of Christmas pudding was good but something simple as cooking a dinner should be done with pride and the attitude of serving a cold dinner to a paying customer is disgraceful. The staff should be ashamed that the only quality they serve here is dog food. In fact, this muck I would not serve to my dog. If you want a nice lunch, go elsewhere. In addition, the pub needs to clean and fumigate the smelly carpet. I will never return.

2  Thank Denise S

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Last time a ate in a weatherspoons must have been nearly a year ago prior to last friday, The food has gone up and in my opinion the quailty has got worse. The 14 ounce steak was overcooked and salty, and for 12 pound thats not even that cheap. The staff were polite just poor quality food.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

The shock almost killed me!

We regularly have breakfast in this local 'Spoons. The price creeps up and up, which is not the pub's fault. Having said that, it's still a relatively cheap and tasty treat at weekends.

It's a large pub, very brand generic. The staff are pleasant, the toilets clean, and so long as there's not a big sporting event on, the customers are ok!

I'm sure we'll be back many, many times.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Its really nice there the food is really good for any type if person but went there and got treat really bad by one of the staff

Reviewed 24 March 2013

not so cheap and cheerful anymore beer and food has gone up we have a gathering of people we meet in there it varies from day to day staff are very friendly and they all work hard,