“suprising good value for money and nice hotel”

De Vere Theobalds Estate
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cheshunt
birmingham, uk
“suprising good value for money and nice hotel”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

nice decor in the rooms, good customer service from staff and plenty of breakfast options. really liked the location and overall quality of the hotel. was very pleasantly surprised considering the price!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Jodie W, Front Office Manager at De Vere Theobalds Estate, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Dear VJC68,

Thank you for your kind words following your recent stay here with at Theobalds.

I am delighted to hear that you received good customer service and that the location of our hotel was accommodating for you.

I have passed your kind words onto the rest of our team and we look forward to seeing you again maybe in the near future,

Front Of House Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Whitstable, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We got married here last year and as well as having the wedding of our dreams we also decided to return for our 1st anniversary, The building is amazing, a grand historic house among beautiful garden surroundings with picturesque views from the bedrooms. The room is very comfortable, clean and equipped with anything you need. The dinner we had in the restaurant was just delicious! and the staff here where incredibly accommodating and friendly, coming here a second time we were remembered and made to feel very special. Many thanks to Theobalds!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Spud_DAnnunzio
Dear Spud _DAnnunzio,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay with us here at Theobalds Park.

I am delighted to here you had an awesome returning anniversary here with us. I have passed your kind words on to our team and they are glad they were able to make your first anniversary just as special as your wedding day here last year.

Customer service and customer love is something we thrive ourselves on here at Theobalds and it is a pleasure to here we reached the mark for returning customers like yourselves.

I hope we see you again in the near future.

bournemouth
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Fantastic old historic building in lovely scenic parkland. Room was excellent,room service avaiable 24 hours. Did not have breakfast so unable to comment,however it was £8.50 extra for breakfast and I ony paid £59 for a double room for 1 night. However the restaurant and bar food was expensive also the drinks overpriced. £10 for a burger, a bit much i think. Bed was comfy and bathroom clean and a good shower also bath. Staff where friendly and helpful,alarm call available. Surprisingling no writing paper in the room. Tea and coffee making facilities in the room. Not double glazed but room was warm enough.

Room Tip: The room i had there was no lift available so not good if you have mobility problems. Easy to travel...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear CrazyJulie,

I would like to Thank you for your wonderful review following your stay with us. I am delighted to read that you had such a lovely stay and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful.

london
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here one night for my friends wedding, the room was well catered for the beds have to say a little springy but ok , the grounds were beautiful set off the main road in a small park, the bar area and reception were good and nicely decorated.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Panglover,

Thank you for your lovely review following your stay here at Theobalds Park!
I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us and that you found our grounds beautiful for your friends wedding.

I have passed all of your comments on t our team and I would like to again thank you.

Jodie white
Fife, Scotland
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Not great. Public areas just okay. Have to walk through bar to get to rooms and then climb two steep flight of stairs to get to room! No elevator in the older part of hotel. Breakfast was average at best, and while staff were all very pleasant, they were not sufficiently attentive during breakfast, with long wait for tea / coffee to be offered and food replenished.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mr Taksalangspoon,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us here at Theobalds Park.

I am sorry to hear that you found your stay with us disappointing. Regarding your comments to your bedroom, I apologise that you did not find it a comfortable journey to your room, unfortunately this is where a lot of our bedrooms are located within the hotel. If you were to stay with us again I would suggest maybe a New end building bedroom or a Ridings bedroom to ensure the journey through the hotel more comfortable and of satisfaction.

I am sorry to hear that you found our Tea and Coffee service to be slow during breakfast. I have passed your comments on to our food and beverage team.

Ware, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Was here for one night on a conference & as a female on my own wasn't too pleased at being outside the stable block with no other people. lock was stiff & I had trouble locking the door, lights didn't work properly & were dim & no phone signal in room. Staff were friendly though, food was good especially breakfast. Would have been nice to have kept conference members together as we were very spread out. I always seem to expect to much from hotels!

Stayed February 2014
Jodie W, Front Office Manager at De Vere Theobalds Estate, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Dear Jezamine,

Thank you for your recent post following your stay here at Theobalds Park.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and found our staff to be friendly. I have passed your kind words on to our head chef and other members of the team.

I am however disappointed to hear that your bedroom allocation was not satisfactory and that you were not placed by any other members of your group. Our reception team usually allocate all groups together so that this situation does not arise. I apologise on this occasion that this was not the case and that you felt uncomfortable. I have spoken to my team regarding this issue to ensure that this doesn't happen again.

Thank you for your constructive feedback on the poor lighting and difficulty that you have recently had with your bedroom lock. I have passed this information onto our property manager whom is now looking into the lightly and working on improving this for guests moving around the hotel, especially during the winter months.

I hope that we have the pleasure of you company again in the near future where we would be more than happy to ensure your stay is more satisfactory and comfortable.

With kind regards
Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

One of our group had to change rooms because it was filthy. Three meals ordered, two were absolutely not as advertised, third one was tepid, lots of excuses from the chef and lots of apologies for staff, very poor

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Vad282,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at Theobalds Park.

I am so sorry to hear that your stay did not meet expectation and that you felt that your stay was so unsatisfying.

I thank you for your constructive comments regarding a member of your group having to move rooms and the dinner you received being tepid and not as advertised. Both Head Chef and Head House keeper are currently investigating into these issues and putting in place new standards to ensure that this does not happen again, that all food is as advertised and all rooms are only to an excellent level of cleanliness for our guests.

I hope to see you again in the near future where we can successfully restore your faith with us here at Theobalds and ensure that you and your group have a much more enjoyable and comfortable stay.

With kind regards

Travellers are raving about these Cheshunt hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheshunt
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
#2 of 2 in Waltham Abbey
Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Premier Inn London Enfield Hotel
West Lodge Park Hotel

Been to De Vere Theobalds Estate? Share your experiences!