“Breakfast and service is superb”

De Vere Theobalds Estate
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cheshunt
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Breakfast and service is superb”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed in the old mansion house park of the complex which retained much of its character. Some parts perhaps look a little tired but it’s lovely that you still get to see the mosaic floors, for example. The reception area was very modern and well lit. I didn’t see the other newer areas of the complex but I assume they are too. We had a really nice walk around the grounds in the evening before going to the hotel restaurant. My dessert was delicious! We stayed for two nights and both mornings breakfast was fantastic. The variety available was huge and the food was of a very high quality. The service we received was very high.

Our room was on one of the top floors and I think this may have affected the shower pressure, but that’s all I could I say that was negative about it. The room itself was big and spacious and very clean. It had plenty of facilities. There was a huge mirror and it would have been handy to have a power point near it for drying and straightening hair but everything else was well laid out.

The carparks were of a decent size and well lit. I followed my satnav to get to the hotel which did bring me to a private gate to the park instead of the main hotel gates, so it’s worth looking at the directions the hotel provide to check you go to the correct gate.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jodie W, Front Office Manager at De Vere Theobalds Estate, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Suffolk_1981

Thank you for your review regarding your stay with us here at Theobalds Park. It is a pleasure to read such a lovely review regarding your stay and I have passed your comments on to all of the team.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

The Theobalds Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
W.Yorks
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights. Room was comfortable, very quiet, nicely decorated and had everything you needed. Grounds are beautiful and contribute to a peaceful and relaxing setting. Breakfast was good and only £8.50 for full breakfast (if you're not on B&B). The staff here are so helpful, they are a real credit. The housekeeper on our floor packaged up fresh towels and tea/coffee when we said we didn't need our room servicing; the breakfast waitress lent us an umbrella so we didn't get wet at the wedding we were going to - neither of these things were requested, just done off their own backs. Superb customer service!! Would definitely be my hotel of choice when staying in this area (having previously stayed at the Royal Chace which we thought was poor - tiny room, tiny bed, even smaller bathroom and very expensive).

Dear Hadhadley,

Thank you for your lovely review regarding your recent stay with us here at Theobalds Park.

It is a pleasure to read that you had such a great time with us and that our customer service went above and beyond for you! Our grounds are currently looking beautiful in this lovely weather and I’m glad you got to enjoy them during your stay.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I visited this hotel for a special occasion with my boyfriend and i must give a special mention to Jody who helped to make our weekend extra special. What fantastic and professional service! I was extremely worried after reading some of the other reviews but my advice is IGNORE them!! The hotel grounds are gorgeous, staff are fab and the restaurant was great - really yummy food! Rooms were clean and nicely presented too. This is an old period building with lots of character which we found to be charming! I have already booked to stay again in a bigger group next month and can't wait! Thanks again Jody!! xx

Dear Brit 2686,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us here at Theobalds Park.

I am delighted to read that you had such a pleasant stay here with us and that you will be returning to us shortly!
Jody is a new member of our team on front of house and It is a pleasure to read such a lovely review about her level of service and helpfulness showing how she is a credit to our team.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future and hope you have a wonderful stay and if not better!

puerto rico
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here again for 3 nights and I have to say the place is pretty good. We were in the ridings area which is a 2 min walk to reception. The room was faultless and it's a perfect place to relax and have walks etc basically chill out. The bar area is nice and does pretty good pub grub if u don't fancy the restaurant. Breakfast was very good and hot. One thing I won't be doing when I visit this place again is going at the weekend. This isn't the hotels fault but the chavtastic wedding and their guests we had to suffer. A few examples. During the wedding pics we walked past and the bride was screaming obscenities at people to hurry up and get in the pictures. Classy lol. Kids running up and down hallways screaming banging on doors and generally wrecking the place inc the free coffee machines and pool table. Some of the families coming to breakfast in full night gear pyjamas etcetera lmao. Also who goes to a wedding in track suits ????? Even I wear a suite to weddings lol. Other than that the hotel was very good and look forward to returning again for another chill out.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank spursruss
Jodie W, Front Office Manager at De Vere Theobalds Estate, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Xtreeemzbar,

Thank you for the above review regarding your recent stay here with us here at Theobalds.

I am glad that you enjoyed your three night stay here with us and myself and the team are delighted to hear that you will be returning to us.
I cannot spread comment on the wedding guests but I am sorry that did not meet your taste of company on this occasion.

Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed one night. Check in swift and friendly.
Room out of hotel and down a path. Was raining so got wet.
Room was modern and clean and good sized tv and comfy bed. Nice bathroom.
Peaceful and good nights sleep.
Food was very good and overall good for a reasonable price paid.
Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Stebrizz,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay here at Theobalds Park.

I am delighted to hear you had such a good stay and have passed all of your comments onto our team.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a 2nd time in March this year and I have to say we was both impressed again. We stayed in the mansion house again, lovely quiet and clean room, we ate in the restaurant and both had a great meal, no complaints and a great service , also the bar staff were great and chatty, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. We will return AGAIN!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lee35ux
Dear Lee35ux,

I’m so glad to hear that you found your second stay with us as impressive as your first! Our mansion house is quite quirky and a pleasure to stay in and I’m glad to hear the service and quality of food was of such a pleasing standard.

We look forward to seeing you again, please do not hesitate to contact us once you’ve made your booking and we will be more than happy to place you back in the mansion house and meet any other requests or needs.

The Theobalds Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheshunt
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
#2 of 2 in Waltham Abbey
Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Premier Inn London Enfield Hotel
West Lodge Park Hotel

Been to De Vere Theobalds Estate? Share your experiences!