De Vere Theobalds Estate
Travelodge
US$100
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Premier Inn London Enfield Hotel(Enfield)(Great Value!)
US$81
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Waltham Abbey Hotel(Waltham Abbey)(Great Value!)
US$84
Travelodge
US$92
US$105
PremierInn.com
All reviewsmansion housefree tea and coffeethe main hotellovely groundsbuffet breakfastbar foodfamily weddingenjoyable stayplenty of parkinggood nights sleepwedding receptionfull englishvenuetheobaldsenfielddiscoiron
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My grand son was married in Mexico, they came home had a separate reception for those of us who couldn't travel.
The venue was excellent, the complex was made up of a rectangle yard with rooms from converted stables, these rooms formed a closed in square giving a feel of privacy and security, the rooms were comfortable and very clean, the booking in process was easy and trouble free, beware of the dreaded Satnav sometimes it takes you to the rear of the grounds but there's a button to press which opens the gates, there is plenty of parking around the grounds, the grounds are beautifully set, lookout for the tree house.
Breakfast was excellent and plentiful, there was a large party of people so a slight delay getting into the restaurant but not too bad.
In all a beatiful setting for a lovely hotel.

Room Tip: I can't say about the main hotel as I didn't stay in it, but if it's as good as the functions venue then it's good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Jodie W, Front Office Manager at De Vere Theobalds Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Harry D

Thank you for your review regarding your grandson’s recent wedding reception here with us at Theobalds Park.

We are delighted to hear that you had such a great time and we are equally as pleased that we could be apart of such a lovely occasion.

Thank you again for a wonderful review and I have passed on your comments to all of our team.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed in the old mansion house park of the complex which retained much of its character. Some parts perhaps look a little tired but it’s lovely that you still get to see the mosaic floors, for example. The reception area was very modern and well lit. I didn’t see the other newer areas of the complex but I assume they are too. We had a really nice walk around the grounds in the evening before going to the hotel restaurant. My dessert was delicious! We stayed for two nights and both mornings breakfast was fantastic. The variety available was huge and the food was of a very high quality. The service we received was very high.

Our room was on one of the top floors and I think this may have affected the shower pressure, but that’s all I could I say that was negative about it. The room itself was big and spacious and very clean. It had plenty of facilities. There was a huge mirror and it would have been handy to have a power point near it for drying and straightening hair but everything else was well laid out.

The carparks were of a decent size and well lit. I followed my satnav to get to the hotel which did bring me to a private gate to the park instead of the main hotel gates, so it’s worth looking at the directions the hotel provide to check you go to the correct gate.

Dear Suffolk_1981

Thank you for your review regarding your stay with us here at Theobalds Park. It is a pleasure to read such a lovely review regarding your stay and I have passed your comments on to all of the team.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights. Room was comfortable, very quiet, nicely decorated and had everything you needed. Grounds are beautiful and contribute to a peaceful and relaxing setting. Breakfast was good and only £8.50 for full breakfast (if you're not on B&B). The staff here are so helpful, they are a real credit. The housekeeper on our floor packaged up fresh towels and tea/coffee when we said we didn't need our room servicing; the breakfast waitress lent us an umbrella so we didn't get wet at the wedding we were going to - neither of these things were requested, just done off their own backs. Superb customer service!! Would definitely be my hotel of choice when staying in this area (having previously stayed at the Royal Chace which we thought was poor - tiny room, tiny bed, even smaller bathroom and very expensive).

Dear Hadhadley,

Thank you for your lovely review regarding your recent stay with us here at Theobalds Park.

It is a pleasure to read that you had such a great time with us and that our customer service went above and beyond for you! Our grounds are currently looking beautiful in this lovely weather and I’m glad you got to enjoy them during your stay.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I visited this hotel for a special occasion with my boyfriend and i must give a special mention to Jody who helped to make our weekend extra special. What fantastic and professional service! I was extremely worried after reading some of the other reviews but my advice is IGNORE them!! The hotel grounds are gorgeous, staff are fab and the restaurant was great - really yummy food! Rooms were clean and nicely presented too. This is an old period building with lots of character which we found to be charming! I have already booked to stay again in a bigger group next month and can't wait! Thanks again Jody!! xx

Dear Brit 2686,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us here at Theobalds Park.

I am delighted to read that you had such a pleasant stay here with us and that you will be returning to us shortly!
Jody is a new member of our team on front of house and It is a pleasure to read such a lovely review about her level of service and helpfulness showing how she is a credit to our team.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future and hope you have a wonderful stay and if not better!

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here again for 3 nights and I have to say the place is pretty good. We were in the ridings area which is a 2 min walk to reception. The room was faultless and it's a perfect place to relax and have walks etc basically chill out. The bar area is nice and does pretty good pub grub if u don't fancy the restaurant. Breakfast was very good and hot. One thing I won't be doing when I visit this place again is going at the weekend. This isn't the hotels fault but the chavtastic wedding and their guests we had to suffer. A few examples. During the wedding pics we walked past and the bride was screaming obscenities at people to hurry up and get in the pictures. Classy lol. Kids running up and down hallways screaming banging on doors and generally wrecking the place inc the free coffee machines and pool table. Some of the families coming to breakfast in full night gear pyjamas etcetera lmao. Also who goes to a wedding in track suits ????? Even I wear a suite to weddings lol. Other than that the hotel was very good and look forward to returning again for another chill out.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank spursruss
Jodie W, Front Office Manager at De Vere Theobalds Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Xtreeemzbar,

Thank you for the above review regarding your recent stay here with us here at Theobalds.

I am glad that you enjoyed your three night stay here with us and myself and the team are delighted to hear that you will be returning to us.
I cannot spread comment on the wedding guests but I am sorry that did not meet your taste of company on this occasion.