“Never go anywhere else”

Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Banny's Fish & Chips is a 280 seat Restaurant and Takeaway dedicated to serving that most classic of British food; Fish & Chip. Open Daily from 12 noon until 9pm (excluding Christmas Day).
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I'll never eat fish and chips from anywhere else in the north west! I've been loads of times and each time the fish has been perfect.

There are newer reviews for Banny's British Kitchen

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

After shopping for a good few hours the family was running on empty, spotted Bannys on passing and was unable to resist.....
We opted for the fast food take out for convenience and after a short wait was presented with our food...
Fish, chips, sausages, chicken, tcakes... Hunger over..!
We all agreed a very tasty meal.
Job done well done :)

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We visited on Aug Bank Hol and were kept waiting about 10 minutes to be seated, once seated we had our order taken very quickly, received the drinks equally as quickly, followed by food about 15 minutes later. The food was lovely, homemade chips (makes a difference to frozen), fresh fish, bot h kids and adults enjoyed their meals. Pricey side orders for what you get though. Restaurant was clean and whilst it was busy, the noise level was not noticeable.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I visited Bannys for the first time on bank holiday Monday and I am not surprised it was so busy, so here is our review.
As busy as it was, we were seated very quickly at our table in their lovely clean restaurant , within minutes a very polite and efficient young man served us and I was delighted to find battered Gluten free Haddock on the menu, delighted because I have never been offered this before in any restaurant I have visited.
The food arrived quickly and can only be described as traditional fish and chips just like you would expect, all our fish [we were a family of three] were crispy with great chips.
To compliment our meal even more Simon the manger came over and went way beyond the call of duty, he joyfully interacted with our 8 year old daughter and then spoke to me in length about the quality control for their gluten free products, and this was very impressive, and if that was not enough, as a special favour, made me some gluten free banana fritters omg, never had them before, they were delicious. So a very very big Thank you.
So here it is, good food, good service and very reasonably priced, thanks Simon and your very hard working staff, we look forward to coming back, again and again.
Ps
Most of the so called top notch restaurants should take a leaf out of Bannys attitudes, us coeliacs like our food and Bannys have found a great batter. Well done, a very appreciative customer.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Having written a positive review last November, it's with a little sadness I have to review down our recent trips.

On the numerous occasions we have dined at Banny's, up until the last two visits we have been highly delighted with our meals.

Not so our last two visits. I had hoped our last visit was a rare poor one, so decided to give them another go.

Today we ventured to Banny's only to find the same as last time.

Significantly smaller portions, £7.99 for a smallish portion of fish & chips only to find they don't provide Tartar Sauce any more. Not good.

You get it "if" you ask, but at this price you shouldn't have to ask & the amount they bring is ridiculously small. Think two teaspoons.

Even our server apologised, as "we don't serve it any more, but if you want I can get you some"

Steak Pudding & chips, £5.99 for a "hollow" pudding & small portion of chips.

Come on guys. If your going to serve a steak pudding, let's have some steak inside it not just gravy, 1 tiny piece of steak is not acceptable. I think I saw in the menu Hollands Pudding.

Well if so, get onto them as it was empty, full of air & gravy.

Sausage & chips, £5.99 again smaller than usual portion of chips with two little sausages.

Where's the jumbo sausage you used to sell??

The chip quality also appears to have taken a downturn. Lots of small, hard pieces of potato, that you cannot pick up with the prongs of the fork, as they are very hard & actually "shatter" if you try. You have to "spoon" them up.

All in all, our last two visits we have seen "cost cutting" on portion size, (& looks like quality) that for these prices we shouldn't have seen.

If this is what your now all about, maybe it's time for us to stop calling & as we called in every time we were in the area, that's rather sad.

Perhaps one last chance on our next visit, but as of today's visit, we won't be rushing back.

3  Thank Mike C