“A luxury room with the most comfortable bed for £30”

Rye Flatt Farmhouse
Rye Flatt Farmhouse
Ranked #3 of 5 Colne B&B and Inns
Kent
“A luxury room with the most comfortable bed for £30”
Reviewed 16 September 2012

A luxurious room with the most comfortable bed for £30
As a Monday to Friday I have stayed in many B & Bs around Barnoldswick and I must say by far this is the best little B & B house . Marion is an excellent host and look after you very well. . The bed room is beautifully decorated with sparkling new ensuite and spotlessly clean . I don’t know what make it is but the mattresses and the bed are one of the most comfortable ones I have slept in. It is so soothing for the back you don’t want to get up in the morning

The spacious large bathroom with pressure shower would put some hotel ‘s drip drip showers to shame. You have tea making facility and a new LCD in the room. Only drawback is you cant work in the room with laptop because the thick wall stops free WIFI signals coming through . (Well unlike we workers many guests and tourist don’t want to e mail all the time anyway.) However there is a nice sitting/dinning room where you can sit in the warm and e mail the whole world. Break fast is top class too.
Off road parking, Great host, best breakfast and a very comfortable room with a sparklingly new bathroom. Where else you could get all of these for just £30 in Winter. I give this hidden gem and first class B & B full marks

Room Tip: Arrive early so you can have a good walk in the surrounding country side
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank LankaLean

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cranfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a couple of nights whilst I was taking part in a cycle sportive in Barnoldswick. Marion met us on the front doorstep as soon as we arrived and seemed to have had experience of a cyclist's special needs! Room was comfortable and spotless, with a very nice ensuite shower.
Bikes are awkward things to store, but Marion was fine with it taking up space in the hallway! I had to leave at some ungodly hour early on the Sunday morning, but Marion took the time and trouble to ensure that I was OK over breakfast. She didn't need to, so this was above and beyond the call of duty and I was very grateful.
When I got back from the sportive, I was absolutely soaked - and so was the bike! Despite that, my mucky bike still took pride of place in the hallway, so it was safe. Not many people would have allowed a bike in their hall!
Breakfast (full English) the following morning was fantastic - just what I needed after a really tough bike challenge. Nothing was too much trouble and, though we were very unlucky with the weather, this area is beautiful. I barely know it at all, so what a great excuse to come back again and have another look round!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Preston
Reviewed 7 March 2012

What can I say, my wife and I attended a friends wedding at the Alma just up the road and I'm glad we stayed here as it turned out to be a better place in my opinion. The rooms were very clean and very comfortable. The owner was really nice and friendly and the breakfast was excellent. I don't have anything bad to say about this place and would definately recommend this to someone else.

• Stayed February 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 23 October 2011

I stayed a week in this comfortably converted stone cottage as part of a hiking and friend-visiting time in the Pendle area this autumn. It was easy to find, convenient to the main Colne-Keighley road (so easy to get away in the morning or into the Pendle country for days out) and my upstairs room was very quiet, bright, and meticulously clean - modern shower too. There was also a downstairs sitting room where I could read or web-browse at night (free WiFi) and a notably fine breakfast. Marion and Jim were very helpful with local knowledge, and there's a range of pubs with food only 10-15 minutes away, especially the Black Lane Ends and the upscale Alma Inn. Bus stop into town at the top of the lane.This B&B is an excellent choice for a few nights off-the-beaten track comfort for local visits or for a business traveller.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank DavidH645
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 20 June 2011

We stayed for 3 nights . The owners Jim & Marion were friendly and made us feel welcome . Ensuite bathroom is bigger than the typical B&B bathrooms ( thumbsup! ) Breakfast was yummy ! Would definitely go back again .

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Cardiff
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Stayed with my wife for two nights in June '11 when attending a wedding. We had the room at the front of the B&B that was a very good size, clean with a nice en-suite and great view. The shower has good pressure and space. The owners are very helpful and friendly. The house is down a small road but you do notice a little traffic noise. The tv is small if that matters to you and the bed will suit those who prefer a less firm mattress.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2011

I couldn't have wished for anything more. Staying in someone's home could make you feel a little uncomfortable but here I felt very relaxed and welcome. The room was very comfortable clean and tastefully decorated and furnished. The bed was luxury (I am going to invest in better pillows, yes Marion, we talked about it, I know where I can get them from! :). It was a lovely room to return to and relax after an active day exploring the area.

I spent four days there and didn't have to travel very far by car to see what the area had to offer, and I went on some lovely scenic walks. Good hearty breakfast each morning, fruits, cereals, full english breakfast, toast and selection of jam/marmalade,and juices. and there was always fresh milk and biscuits in my room each day.

Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colne
Old Stone Trough Hotel
#4 of 7 in Burnley
Rendezvous Hotel
Rendezvous Hotel
#3 of 4 in Skipton

Been to Rye Flatt Farmhouse? Share your experiences!