“Justin w”

Ranked #1 of 64 Restaurants in Colne
Price range: US$11 - US$27
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We pride ourselves on serving well cooked locally sourced food as well as providing quality local cask ales and excellent service.We are also happy to say we are a dog friendly pub.
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I've eaten out all round the Pendle area for many years and the emmott arms has to be one of the best! The food is always excellent and the staff make you feel so welcome! Its a pleasure to eat there!

1  Thank Justin W

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I've visited several times & all I can say is there is a massive difference between the quality of the food depending on who's cooking, It seems to be at it's worse when the chunky very young looking lad (my guess is early 20's) is cooking. Unfortunately for me he was cooking today & all I can say is poor would have been an improvement as it was terrible but given his young age I assume he'll only get better as he continues to train & qualifies to be a chef.

There was barely six tables sat at various stages of eating & yet there was a wait of nearly an hour for food to arrive. (not sure if that was down the understaffed or just inexperienced enough to cope) Judging by the fact the table next to us sent their steak back for being cooked to what looked like well done (when it was ordered to be at the raw side of rare).
it seems I wasn't the only one to be thoroughly disappointed with the quality of my meal.
Portion size as always was good though.

Staff need to be aware of the fact that children could be present as I could even hear a male voice swearing at someone from the kitchen area. (thankfully we had no children with us)

The one saving grace I can say about this place is the staff are (possibly should be were as most seem to have disappeared not sure why) great. The waitresses will always do whatever they can for you & are very apologetic about incorrect orders & long waiting times, even though it's not their fault & they take the brunt of our displeasure. (I personally will have to apologise to the young lady that served me today should I ever go back in)

To summarise I'll definitely be checking who's cooking next time I go in before I order food.

On a side note it's great that the pub uses the old fashioned style greeter (the really tall young lady), she makes people feel welcome & then sits down drinking & chatting with what I assume are the locals. It makes me jealous every time I see it (I'd love that job lol)

8  Thank Matthew J
Jake R, General Manager at Emmott Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience at The Emmott. All constructive criticism is taken on board and very welcome. We do hope that you will come back to visit us again

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Just returned from the Emmott Arms after enjoying another tasty and good value for money meal. As always, great welcome from all the staff, they just can't do enough for you! A great menu; something for everyone's palette. Tonight I had Feta cheese parcels, very yummy and what a plateful! The chocolate knickerbocker glory is always a treat and the ice cream is top drawer! What a shame that the previous review had been disappointed with the Belly Pork as my husband is very fussy and will only eat quality meat and has never been disappointed with it.
Whilst the quality real ale or draft Peroni adds to the experience, the home made fudge that comes gratis with your bill is fab u lous!!!! The new owners and management are certainly going out of their way to please...thank you.

2  Thank HildaH1962
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Hi had a weeks holiday in colne the emmott was our local. . Food was great staff excellent especially emma @ jess who made us so welcome . And the people who drink in here are so freindly wonderful wee pub . Keep up the good work all the best from sam @ sharon in bonnie scotland

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Just been back to our usual haunt the Emmott arms with my parents, who have driven 7 hours from Devon to visit us. They are tired and cranky, and a meal here has made them happy again! The chicken and black pudding was a favourite as usual, and the staff looked after them perfectly. Another winner from this lovely pub!