“Value for money ”

Langroyd Hall
Ranked #43 of 61 Restaurants in Colne
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Crown Carvery
Oakworth
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Value for money ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

I recently took the family here for the Sunday carvery. I'd never been before but heard how cheap it was! And to be honest it was surprisingly good, the kids ate for free with every adult carvery bought. So that was a bonus as my kids eat very little and I hate wasting food. They didn't rush you in and rush you out like others I've been to so all in all very relaxing, even with the kids!

Burnley, United Kingdom
“roast potatoes rock hard”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

monday evening about 5 30 pm the potatoes were very hard and i felt like they were rushed out of the oven crispy on outside but they were not fit to eat shame as the staff were lovely and i felt i could not complain to the excellant staff the standard in the food has lowered dramaticly

• Visited October 2013
lancashire
“Beef as tough as old boots!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

The food overall was acceptable and good value for money but the beef was terribly fatty and tough as old boots!
Our complaint was handled very well though with a generous plate of Turkey and ham arriving at our table .
You get what You pay for I guess but I'd rather pay more and get better quality.

Visited October 2013
Padiham, United Kingdom
“Its a carvery. Does what it says on the tin.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

My partner and I Went on a week night so it wasnt very busy. We found a table quite easily. We paid for the standard carvery each. The choice of meats was very good and looked to be cooked to a very high standard. There was also a good choice of vegetables and different potato dishes available. The staff were very friendly and attentive. The table was slso cleared very quickly when we had finished our meal. Overall a very good value for money meal when you consider what it would cost for me and my partner to make the same meal at home. For just over £10 with a couple of drinks I wouldnt hesiate to recommend. Its also a nice setting as well.

• Visited September 2013
York, United Kingdom
“Nice :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely carvery which is good value for money with a nice atmosphere. Car parking is easy, plentyof room with slanted spaces! Always a bonus!
The carvery itself is very nice although a few times there hasn't been a huge choice of veg, with one time even one staple carvery item (mash potato) missing! Which was disappointing. The meat always looks appetising and you get enough. I always have the gammon which is usually very tasty. :-)
We recently tried a dessert as well, which was a honeycomb sundae. Desserts usually tend to be expensive and this was no different, but it was delicious!
I will definitely be visiting again! Overall a very tasty carvery dinner :-)

• Visited August 2013