“Fabulous Food!”

Ranked #40 of 62 Restaurants in Colne
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The restaurant was fully booked yet they were ever so kind to fit us in (a party of five). The food was amazing! We all ordered starters and mains and each course was delicious. We all enjoyed every thing we ordered and the staff were polite and friendly even thought the reataurant was very busy. Couldn't fault any aspect. We arrived in three cars and each car had no problem parking - we all parked opposite the main road to the restaurant and had no problems. Top night can't wait to go back when there is live music!! A delightful little find in Colne!! Thank You Green Chimney :)

1  Thank KMCD1776
There are newer reviews for Green Chimney

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Just called in for a few drinks on Friday evening. We we're greeted by who I think was the owner with a cheery "welcome to the Green Chimney" it look busy but we were quite happy to sit on the coach at the window as we weren't looking to eat. Staff all attentive, cocktails great! Would go again!

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I am always wary of trying somewhere when everyone is raving about it, as it tends to not live up to the hype. This is so not the case here. A group of 5 of us booked in, when we rung they said they would be busy but when we got there the service was great. Food & drinks ordered straight away, table ready on arrival. There was a slight wait for the starters but they did explain that was a possibility so that wasn't an issue. When the food came it was excellent. Obviously fresh & home made, nice portions and presented beautifully. It tasted better than I could have expected. I had the boulsworth burger it was immense. The rest of the table had sandwiches, steaks etc and we were all really impressed. The table was cleared quickly afterwards and the bill provided. Easily broken down so we could work out what everyone owed. Great atmosphere and something totally unique when you walk through the door. I get what people are saying that the staff could look a bit happier etc but they looked after us really well so I can't really comment on that. Can't recommend this place enough, already lining up our return. Loved it!!!

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Having been on numerous times we went for breakfast yesterday. The tables were greasy and dirty from the night before. The young girl waitress was pretty useless. Coffees were brought out after we had eaten and they missed one. We had to remind the other waitress. Bacon sandwich poor quality and fatty. The place was quiet so I dread to wonder what it's like when it gets busy.

2  Thank Oakleigh11
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Came here for the second time hoping that the place might have improved. Nothing wrong with the food. In fact the food is very nice and there are lots of interesting choices of both foods and drinks on the menu. On a positive note the toilets have been re furbished. However the place is let down by tables waiting too long to be cleared. In fact I had to request that our table be cleared in order for me to order my food. The soup of the day was delivered without any cutlery which I then had to request. The staff didn't make this their priority and I observed them doing other jobs first which was frustrating. Overall although the food is good I don't think it's worth the hassle of having to request that the table be cleared first.

1  Thank lancsfox