“Great Atmosphere and food”
Review of Green Chimney

Green Chimney
Ranked #40 of 62 Restaurants in Colne
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Burnley, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Atmosphere and food”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I was introduced to Green Chimney last year by a friend and I've been an intermittent regular ever since. I started by having breakfast there of fresh warm croissants with lovely, generous pots of strawberry preserve and butter. I've enjoyed these many times ever since.

However, I also recommend their burgers which are beautifully made ands presented and excellent value for money. Served with their sweet fries, it's a very nice choice.

Their frappes are also superb. I settled on their strawberry flavour and it's wonderfully sweet and chilled.

The menu has grown considerably in the last year, as has how busy Green Chimney has become. On some occasions, I've enjoyed a quiet breakfast on arrival and an hour later, looked up and found that there is not a seat left. Word of how lovely this venue has become has obviously spread. The staff and management are wonderful and nothing is too much trouble. I tried a slice (more like a door stop) of their beautifully made cakes and when I couldn't finish it, they were more than happy to box it up for me to take home. On another occasion, I wanted a slice as a gift and they advised me that they were working on something and as I ate my breakfast they boxed that up and i took that with me too.

Green Chimney has a unique vibe. Very laid back and relaxing and time just drifts by as you enjoy your food.

Finally, their wines are very good. Their Pasquiers Grenache Rose is a particular favourite.

Can't recommend Green Chimney highly enough.

Visited June 2014

Barnoldswick, United Kingdom
“Smokin'”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We finally tried the Green Chimney for lunch after many recommendations and we were not disappointed. The decor is imaginative and original, the atmosphere lively and the staff attentive, even though it was clearly quite busy when we went. All ingredients are sourced locally where possible, we are told, and all the burgers home-made.
We had not realised till we were served that meals include a drink daytime on weekdays so our two burgers, a beer - Moorhouse's Blonde Witch from down the M65 in Burnley - and a large red wine were only a few quid more than the 'Spoons up the street.
Helpings were not massive but ample and then you don't go to such a place expecting a belly-buster (However if you do, I'm told the Chimney Challenge lives up to its name and has defeated a few).
I am genuinely surprised at such a wide variety of verdicts from other TA reviewers but I will keep an open mind and I promise to write again if any of their critiques prove valid.

• Visited June 2014
settle
“Lovely food, excellent service”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My wife and I tried the Green Chimney as they advertised a gluten free menu. We were not disappointed. The food is very tasty, well presented and very reasonably priced.
What impressed me the most was the standard of service that the young team offered. Polite, attentive and very efficient. You can eat on 2 floors, which always makes their job more challenging, but they were very professional during our evening.
They had a music night on while we were there, always nice to see a place doing something a bit different, without losing focus on quality food and service.
We will certainly return.

• Visited June 2014
“Great coffee and cake ”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Visit the Green Chimney whenever I am in town. Very good coffee and cake. Usually good service, but can be slow at busy times. Always been good.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great food very poor service”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Came for Father's Day meal. Waited 15mins to order drinks. Had to go and get menus ourselves. Waited another 15 mins for drinks to come and then ordered. When food came there was no cutlery. Waited another 10 mins for cutlery. Food goin cold. We were downstairs and the ceilings are just floorboards to upstairs. A big table was seated upstairs and dust fell down onto our taxable which was already sticky. Then someone upstairs dropped a drink on the floor which came straight through and poured on my husband and his food. Had ordered another drink but after 15 mins we gave up on it and cancelled it. It is such a shame as the food here is lovely but the staff are completely unorganised and have no idea how to serve or wait tables. Service is very poor and so slow. Another family got sick of waiting and walked out. Hope they can sort put the staffing problem. They did take some money off our bill but after this experience we will not be back.

Visited June 2014