Great location with really helpful staff. The accommodation is basic but very clean and adequate without being glamorous Very helpful staff and a great pub atmosphere. The food is simple but enjoyable. Location is quiet and picturesque with lovely walks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wheatsheaf is a traditional, family run inn set in the beautiful countryside of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Walker and dog friendly, the Wheatsheaf is on a spectacular walking route between the historic Bolton Castle (where Mary Queen of Scots was kept captive in 1568)and the world famous Aysgarth Falls. The Wheatsheaf was also where Alf White (more famously known as the vet and author James Herriot) and his wife had their honeymoon in 1941. Featuring real ales, log fires, and good food, the Wheatsheaf prides itself on its welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Wheatsheaf in Wensleydale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wheatsheaf Residential Hotel, Restaurant & Bar Hotel Carperby
- The Wheatsheaf Residential Hotel, Restaurant And Bar
- The Wheatsheaf In Wensleydale Carperby, Yorkshire