We stayed at the Wheatsheaf for three nights using vouchers collected from The Daily Telegraph, which meant we paid a very reasonable £56 pounds per night for a double room (four poster bed) with breakfast .
The room was clean and comfortable, although the shower was a tight squeeze to enter and wasn't very big.
The food in the bar was very good, possibly the tastiest sirloin steak we've had.
All in all, we would recommend this Inn, especially if you travel with dogs, as they are made most welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wheatsheaf is a traditional, family run inn set in the beautiful countryside of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Walker and dog friendly, the Wheatsheaf is on a spectacular walking route between the historic Bolton Castle (where Mary Queen of Scots was kept captive in 1568)and the world famous Aysgarth Falls. The Wheatsheaf was also where Alf White (more famously known as the vet and author James Herriot) and his wife had their honeymoon in 1941. Featuring real ales, log fires, and good food, the Wheatsheaf prides itself on its welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, LateRooms, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Wheatsheaf in Wensleydale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wheatsheaf Residential Hotel, Restaurant & Bar Hotel Carperby
- The Wheatsheaf Residential Hotel, Restaurant And Bar
- The Wheatsheaf In Wensleydale Carperby, Yorkshire