Review Highlights
Birthday treat

My friend treat me to a spa day for my birthday which was part of a special offer with... read more

Reviewed 20 July 2018
Miranda B
via mobile
Very good

Booked a half day spa which included treatments, lunch and a glass of fizz. The welcome from the... read more

Reviewed 21 June 2018
yorksdales
Harrogate, United Kingdom

All reviews hot tub feversham arms foot spa aromatherapy room outdoor pool glass of prosecco birthday treat relaxation area great spa spa package salt steam room my mum friends birthday spa reception the black swan lovely swim lovely location
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Booked a half day spa which included treatments, lunch and a glass of fizz.
The welcome from the hotel reception was very good, we were directed to the spa where again we were greeted in a friendly way.
After a drink to celebrate my friends birthday we were shown to the locker rooms and then given a quick familiarisation tour of the facilities.
The facial I received was excellent and my friend spoke glowingly of her full body massage.
Late lunch, pre ordered on arrival was good fish and chips slightly greasy for my liking
but enjoyable.
The only issue was as we sat outside by the pool , it was very windy and drinks had been served to various tables immediately round the pool in glasses and unfortunately with the strong wind there were sudden breakages. With lots of broken glass around certainly not good for people walking round in bare feet.
I did mention this to a member of staff who responded that by the pool plastic glasses should be used! This needs to be adhered to.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

A relaxing half day in the spa with treatments, cake and prosecco.

Verbena is tranquil, welcoming and the staff are fantastic, we could have spent all day there.

Treatments were great and very relaxing.

The outdoor hot tub is lovely, particularly on a cold winter day.

We are looking forward to coming back soon!

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Had a really nice spa day on a Travel zoo (second time). Outside pool, sauna and jacuzzi fab as was service throughout. Nice light bite and fizz. Had a great massage from Brooke which greatly helped after having completed a Marathon 3 days before. Would give 5 stars but the salt and aromatherapy heat rooms were very cool and didn’t really seem to be functioning properly, Other guests also mentioned this to me so not just me!
Lovely day though and thank you Brooke!

Reviewed 24 April 2018

This is not the first time I have visited The Feversham Arms and Verbena Spa. I had hoped my first experience was just an off day. Unfortunately I was wrong.
This building is a classic Yorkshire hotel and Helmsley is picture perfect with lots of little shops, cafes and restaurants as well as the castle, walled gardens and nearby Rievaulx Abbey to mention but a few of the attractions.
My aim for the day was to relax in the spa. Upon arrival I was greeted very politely and shown around the spa. I wa given a locker containing robe and flip flops to use for the day. Well the robe was the sorriest piece of material I have ever seen. I could hardly bring myself to put it on my body. What a disgrace. Worn out, frayed and rough.
Moving on to the pool area, finding a place to sit was not a problem, however as the area has so much seating the pool felt like a goldfish bowl and by afternoon was very busy and felt more like a crowded costa beach.
The hot tub has tables right next to it with diners having lunch- it is not really satisfactory to have to stand next to a couple having a quiet lunch and throw off your brown frayed robe bearing all before plunging into the hot tub and making a total racket turning it on! Not well thought through. Walking through diners who are dressed smartly and having a lovely lunch a deux whilst wearing a raggy robe and rubber blue flip flops felt horrid.
On the up side my treatment was very good and relaxing although as last time was slightly shorter than the allotted time. I can’t fault the therapist’s skill or professionalism, indeed she was nothing but polite and caring.

This spa should be amazing! This spa should be top notch and by not paying attention to guest experience in a day and age when it is all about experience the hotel management are not maximising the opportunities available. A spa day should be a sanctuary. It should be peaceful and pampering, not picking your way through fully dressed diners to sit in a goldfish bowl in a robe that you wouldn’t put in your dog’s basket!
Come on Feversham you can do better than this. I won’t be coming back for a long time until I see review reflecting a dramatic change.

3  Thank Blazing100
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

My mum and I visited this for a spa day as a package and we had the mud rasual. Having been to a lot of spa's we were disappointed. This spa is not keeping up with the times and it really needs refreshing and updating. The outside jacuzzi was cold and only a couple of the jets were working. One of the foot spa's was also very poor on jet strength. The sauna and the steam room were fine but I would want more than that from a spa. The mud experience is simply putting different clays on your body and then going in a steam room to steam it off. The relaxation room is not what I would expect from a "relaxation " room. It's right next to the cafe and people are drinking tea and eating cake. Smells and noise from the cafe make this more of a sitting room than relaxation room. We would not return.