From the moment you enter the reception area of the hotel you feel that your every need will be catered for .We had booked a modest room in the hotel and were advised by the person doing the booking over the phone that it would be small. On arrival, the receptionist informed us that they had very generously upgraded our accommodation to a poolside suite. The delight we felt must have been very evident. The suite was perfect in every sense,fashionable yet warm and comfortable .Our courtyard garden tastefully planted by the RHS influenced staff, was perfect for afternoon tea . I particularly liked the attention to detail with candles provided around the bath and a large container of local ' sheep dip' bubble bath ready for that sumptuous experience of the bathtub after my swim. I can wax lyrical about the swimming pool experience. Before breakfast under the clear blue Yorkshire skies ,to enjoy the luxury of a warm swim out in the fresh air amongst beautiful buildings made of Yorkshire stone all juxtaposed to make a fascinating spectacle and then the gentle chimes of the local church clock - not audible inside of course.
The dining experience was again a personal trip through the wines, and delicious food guided by the staff with their knowledge. Always attentive, but not too overbearing, all the staff treated you with every attention to detail Use of our name was a personal touch, how did they all remember ? !
We will certainly go back and enjoy another well earned break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a picturesque market town by the beautiful North Yorkshire Moors, this elegant Hotel boasts superb dining, full spa facilities, a heated outdoor swimming pool and free Wi-Fi. Surrounded by glorious countryside, this wonderfully secluded retreat is a haven of laid-back luxury and indulgent relaxation. Famous for its welcoming hospitality, it blends the traditional comforts of its Victorian heritage with an irresistible boutique design. Beautiful, peaceful and thoroughly unique, one visit is simply not enough. Guests can choose from a range of 33 individually designed en-suite bedrooms and suites each with their own unique decor, style and character. Cosy and intimately homely, they all feature Egyptian cotton sheets, soft exquisite duck down duvets (or cotton blankets), free Wi-Fi access, flat-screen TV, DVD player, luxurious Anne Semonin toiletries, hairdryer and tea and coffee making facilities. There are accommodation options to suit all purposes, including Small and Classic Doubles, Junior and Deluxe Suites and, for the ultimate indulgence, Luxury Poolside and Spa Suites. Superb food plays a big part in life at Feversham. Here diners can enjoy classically inspired dishes from a menu that draws heavily from fresh local ingredients such as rich Yorkshire game and tasty North Sea fish. It's also home to one of the most talked about cheese trolleys in Yorkshire, traditional afternoon tea in their cosy fireside lounge and an impeccably well-stocked cellar. Throughout the warmer months, dishes can be served poolside on the terrace and gardens. The hotel's award-winning Verbena Spa offers an idyllic haven from the pressures of everyday life. Here guests can kick back, relax and immerse themselves in luxurious indulgence. They offer a range of treatments from manicures, facials and massages through to full spa day experiences. Revitalise and enjoy their famous heat experience with saunarium, aromatherapy room, salt vapour room, monsoon shower, ice cave, foot spa, outdoor heated pool and hot tub. The Hotel is situated in the North Yorkshire town of Helmsley just off the A170. Complimentary on-site parking is available. The city of York is just a 40 minute drive away and it offers excellent transport links to the rest of the country. There is also a local train station at Thirsk, a 25 minute taxi ride away. For those flying in, Leeds Bradford International Airport is about an hour's drive from the Hotel. Beautifully located in the depths of the stunning North Yorkshire Moors the Hotel is the perfect place from which to explore this remarkable area. Yorkshire is renowned as a place of distinct yet diverse appeal, from the majestic Castle Howard to the Gothic seaside town of Whitby, the ruins of Rievaux and Bylands Abbey to luxury designer shopping, Michelin starred restaurants to quaint marketplace tea rooms, there is truly something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Odigeo, MrandMrsSmith, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Feversham Arms Hotel & Verbena Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Feversham Arms Hotel & Verbena Helmsley
- Feversham Arms Hotel And Verbena Spa
- Feversham Arms Helmsley
- Feversham Arms Hotel & Verbena Spa Helmsley, Yorkshire