The Black Swan Hotel
  • Restaurant
Old Manse Hotel(Pickering)
US$127
US$168
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,789 results
All reviewstea roomafternoon teagallery restaurantfeature roombrown toiletriessix course tasting menusconesmarket squarelovely hotelevening mealbar areawedding partyrestaurant staffmarket menubottle of champagnespecial occasionlamb
Reviewed 14 May 2014

we went for a weekend with two close friends and our respective dogs,the hotel location is great,the rooms are very good(a teddy on the bed!treats for the dogs!)the food in the restaurant was exceptional,as were the staff.the only small thing is the distance through the hotel to the car park at the rear of the hotel

Room Tip: don't unload your luggage at reception if your rooms are at the rear,wait till you park in the car park at the back
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I held my wedding at the Black Swan in Helmsley in june 2012 (I have only just started catching up on reviews on Trip advisor)
My day was absoloutly perfect in every way! Nicola was my wedding co-ordinator and I could not have asked for a more attentive, reliable and wonderful co-ordinator.
the hotel went above and beyond for my ceremony, down to the master of ceremonies memorising parts of my entrance song so he knew when to prompt each bridesmaid to enter the room, amazing! the staff could not do enough for us throughout the whole day and even into the night they put up with our rather Inebriated family and friends. The food on the day was beautiful and the breakfast was probably the best I have ever had. the venue is perfect for a wedding and the courtyard was a wonderful setting for my wedding photo's. the Bridal suite was beautiful and the bed was very comfy! I got everything I wanted from this day and I cannot praise the staff at the Black Swan enough.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed at the Black Swan last Friday night after a "Speciality Evening" on the subject to champagne. The hotel itself is as you would expect in an old market town, very atmospheric, romantic and quirky. Room was large, comfortable and quiet. The champagne evening was truly excellent and we shall be returning in the next couple of months to stay over again and sample a different evening as there are many throughout the year. Not cheap but worth the money.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed at The Black Swan with my ageing parents as a surprise for them and enjoyed our overnight stay , having purchased a Secret Escapes deal which included a bottle of champagne on arrival & breakfast.
We dined in The Gallery and all found the food wonderful and the service very attentive , this continued into breakfast the following morning.
The rooms were adequate however a little let down by the bathrooms , where the attention to detail was not in keeping with the rest of the hotel.
The Black Swan is not ideal for people with mobility problems as there are lots of stairs to climb in order to get to the rooms that overlook the gardens at the rear.
Would we return there , most definitely the food would definitely bring us back !

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here as a treat to celebrate our ten year wedding anniversary. The room was beautiful with lots of fab little touches. Each member off staff that we came in to contact with we're fab! We will defiantly be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the market square!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple