“Thank You Scotts”

Price range: US$5 - US$23
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A fabulous family friendly, award winning fish and chip cafe. Just voted Best Fish and Chip shop 2013. Either take away or eat in. With 80 covers there is plenty of room, coach parties welcome. We aim to provide the best fish and chips available from sustainable and local sources at a value price. Gluten free and veggie chip shop chips. Served with a smile. Our premises are not your usual fish and chip cafe and are a pleasurable and inspiring place to spend some time.
Reviewed 16 September 2015

Wonderful fish and chips. This was the second occasion I had the privilege of visiting Scott's. On both occasions bearing in mind I am a dog owner ordered fish and chips takeaway but enjoyed the table and chairs situated immediately outside the shop to immerse myself in the quality of food provided. I visited in 2014 and was looking forward to visiting the venue during my stay in North Yorkshiire and was not disappointed when the time arrived to again experience the food provided. The fish was cooked in a light crispy batter and portion size more than adequate. Looking forward to my next visit.

JaneTony13, Owner at Scotts of Helmsley, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2015

Ian,
All I can say is "Thank You Ian" - great comments and delighted you are becoming a regular, even if it is only once a year at the moment. I sense it could develop into more than that?
Hope it does and thanks again.

Reviewed 14 September 2015

Discovered by accident but WOW! Friendly staff and as for the Fish and Chips only two words necessary - SIMPLY OUTSTANDING. How an earlier review can describe the paint work as horrendous beggars belief - simply charming. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

1  Thank PERENOM

Hello and thanks for the great comments,
What can I add to "SIMPLY OUTSTANDING" ?
Much prefer charming as a description to our heritage range Farrow & Ball paint work.
North Wales isn't too far for regular visits to North Yorkshire - plenty to see and do.
Come back soon.

Reviewed 14 September 2015

Visited yesterday with my wife for tea, I had fish and chips with homemade tartar sauce and they are probably the best fish and chips I have ever had, my wife had salmon in cider batter with sweet potato chips with salad which she said was really nice, we finished off with some deserts which were equally as nice, service is also great with staff very polite, really worth visit if you are in the area.

1  Thank leonfr

Hello and thanks for the great comments,
Sounds like we couldn't have done better.
Great food, cooked to order, served with big smiles and rounded off with a pudding.
What COD be BATTER !!

Reviewed 11 September 2015

Clean ,freindly staff .
Staff say how long your order will take ,ie. Gluten Free.
The normal fish and chips eaten by my husband are very good ,well cooked ,very hot ,not fatty .
The Gluten Free are also well cooked ,grease free .The batter as good as can be expected .
The chips I wonder if they had been left from an earlier fry .

1  Thank Roslyn D

Hi Roslyn,
Thanks for the review and YES a Gluten free fish and chip shop.
Well we have 2 actually, one in Helmsley and the other near York at Bilbrough Top.
With Gluten free proper battered fish and chips available all day everyday.
Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 10 September 2015

Forget the horrid external coloured paint work and the terrible design of its graphics and humoured menus (which we hated) the food is totally brilliant ......end of story

Hi Tom,
Thanks for the review and I'm sorry you didn't like our branding?
We try to be friendly, humorous and a bit quirky, whilst staying well away from the cheesy end of design!!
The external colours are actually part of the "heritage range' from Farrow & Ball and are used to match in with the rest of the town and its history.
Quality, value and great service is what we are about and delighted you got passed the colours and enjoyed your food.
Brilliant ...end of story. It's all about the old.

Cheers