“recommend top food and service”
Review of Desi Spice Club

Desi Spice Club
Ranked #31 of 37 Restaurants in Helmsley
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“recommend top food and service”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

great food great service great ambience...... highly recomend you find this lovely little treasure.... very inviting and would eat there every time while visitng this area... you will not be disappointed unlike my review of helmsley spice restaurant, dont get them confused...

Visited June 2014
2 Thank 190anon

“Back on top”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We use to go to spice club all the time but we stop going after they put the buffet on 6 days a week just been to see if any change has been from befor my god I was surprise they have a
new menu inside and they only do 2nights buffet now Wensday and Sunday which I will not be going on these nights
But over all the food and service was 10 out of 10 well done

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jessicahopkins
“real experience”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

called at the Desi SpiceClub on our way home and was greeted by friendly well presented staff.we opted for the buffet as the aroma was appealing and glad we did.The starters were very tasty and the mains the same.There were some unusual dishes ckn piaji I have never had before was beautiful.Venison in a curry a first in my experience which my partner enjoyed a good choice of rice and nanns

3 Thank Liz K
Durham
“Suppose it is okay for the area”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I went here with a partner for the buffet.

Having had plenty of buffets in the midlands I am used to a high standard. The standard here, for the heavily pushed buffet, was poor.

There are 4 mains. I would only have the Tandoori chicken if I came again. The Bhaji's and the Lamb kebab were soggy, limp and tasteless. Pitiful.

The mains generally had a saminess about them apart from the one that tasted of coconut and as for the Naan's. Awful. Soggy and as unappetising as it comes.

I would guess for people not used to the fine curries available in Bradford, Leeds, Brum and London this would be a nice change but for anyone who likes a decent curry then avoid. It is also very expensive given the poor quality of the food on offer.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Vislor_Turlough
York
“Lazy”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Recommended to try this buffet we found no welcome, paltry service, a buffet with seven mains, six of which sauces came out of the same jar, with a few chickpeas added to the 'balti' and a few whole chillies added to the mystery meat Jalfrezi. No effort is being made here as most people seem to be happy with vaguely spicy mush - the standard of cooking is as poor as everything else. No originality whatsoever, no clear flavours, a tired formula getting by with minimal staff. The buffet offered no description of the dishes on offer except a title which meant nothing at all. It is a lazy, sloppy way of doing things and fails in every respect other than that you can stuff yourself with as much as you can keep down for 11.95. Not for us.

• Visited April 2014