“Delicious Lunch in beautiful surroundings”
Review of The Queens Head

The Queens Head
Reserve with OpenTable
The Queens Head is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 34 Restaurants in Leyburn
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We have eaten here before probably over 18 months ago and the food is still excellent. This is a lovely country Pub which is much larger than it looks. We had our lunch in the bar we selected our meals from the Lunch menu which was adequate for lunch and I am sure would suit most tastes, we all had 3 courses and were pleased with the very tasty dishes. The service was excellent and I understand from my husband the John Smiths smooth was Ace!!
To the rear of the bar is an excellent dining room with extensive views and I believe is very popular in the evenings.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I used to often go to this pub but due to the turnover of ‘new owners’ I stopped going as you would not know from week to week if the food was going to be good or bad. A friend and I decided to give it another go today and so pleased we did. I have to say the food was wonderful! My friend had the Risotto with Spinach that he said was very good. I chose the ‘lunch time special’ which was two courses for £10 or 3 for £14 I had a starter of mushroom with blue cheese and it was delicious –It would have been nice to have a slice of crusty bread to mop up the delicious sauce though, then I had the roast belly pork with apple and cider gravy for mains and that was also delicious! It was served with a bowl of vegetables consisting of new potatoes and braised red cabbage that were really good but the carrots and cauliflower were nothing special, just bog standard boiled veg but the other food more than made up for that! We had two cold drinks of fresh lemonade and ginger beer and the bill came to £22.50 great value for money! The new owner was very pleasant and asked us if we had enjoyed our meal and the young girl waiting on was also very pleasant and friendly. Well worth a visit. We will definitely be going back for more!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We visited this pub while staying at Patrick Brompton, and it was so good we ate there three times! The staff were really helpful and friendly, food very tasty and served in big portions, reasonably priced. My wine was lovely too. Would thoroughly recommend if you are in the area, and we certainly hope to return.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have had lunch and dinner here a few times and chose to take family, in a party of 7, to celebrate my birthday this week at the Queens Head. The food was, as usual, delicious, interesting and beautifully presented. Service was really friendly, but not intrusive, and staff were aware enough to notice when a small problem arose at our table. Without us having to ask they sorted it out straight away so awitched on service backs up the great food. Thoroughly recommend the Queens Head for dinner and lunch.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Friendly service and excellent food. The steak and ale pie with puff pastry crust is delectable, the meat melts in the mouth. I have had it 4 times now and will be doing so again!