“Superb find ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Lancashire
“Superb find ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Came across this quirky pub/restaurant and we weren't disappointed!
The food was excellent, way beyond our expectations.
I had the creamy mushrooms with bacon & blue cheese sauce, hubby had the king prawn dish, large portions and superb taste
We both had the beef fillet with haggis, mini sausage roll, and whiskey sauce this was superb beautifully presented just delicious.
We did manage sweets, plumb crumble and lemon mousse and cherries!
Value for money, lovely light setting in the dining room lovely views over the valley!
Don't drive by and miss this Gem!

1 Thank DylanDogLancashire

UK
“Lovely steak!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We had a really good meal: steak (not cheap, but worth every penny - according to my partner) and smoked haddock with poached egg etc (very tasty). Starters were also interesting. If we were in this part of the world again we would definitely eat here. Service was good too.

Visited August 2014
Bath
“Our favourite”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We eat at The Queens Head in Finghall whenever we are in the area and are never disappointed with the food and the friendly welcome. The restaurant is spacious and tables well set - 'real' napkins, what a pleasure! The menu is varied and of a good standard and if you have a window table the view across the dale is lovely. In good weather there is nothing nicer than finishing the meal with a coffee outside to really appreciate being in the Dales!

• Visited July 2014
North East
“Delicious Lunch in beautiful surroundings”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We have eaten here before probably over 18 months ago and the food is still excellent. This is a lovely country Pub which is much larger than it looks. We had our lunch in the bar we selected our meals from the Lunch menu which was adequate for lunch and I am sure would suit most tastes, we all had 3 courses and were pleased with the very tasty dishes. The service was excellent and I understand from my husband the John Smiths smooth was Ace!!
To the rear of the bar is an excellent dining room with extensive views and I believe is very popular in the evenings.

• Visited August 2014
Langley-on-Tyne, United Kingdom
“Good Food.”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I used to often go to this pub but due to the turnover of ‘new owners’ I stopped going as you would not know from week to week if the food was going to be good or bad. A friend and I decided to give it another go today and so pleased we did. I have to say the food was wonderful! My friend had the Risotto with Spinach that he said was very good. I chose the ‘lunch time special’ which was two courses for £10 or 3 for £14 I had a starter of mushroom with blue cheese and it was delicious –It would have been nice to have a slice of crusty bread to mop up the delicious sauce though, then I had the roast belly pork with apple and cider gravy for mains and that was also delicious! It was served with a bowl of vegetables consisting of new potatoes and braised red cabbage that were really good but the carrots and cauliflower were nothing special, just bog standard boiled veg but the other food more than made up for that! We had two cold drinks of fresh lemonade and ginger beer and the bill came to £22.50 great value for money! The new owner was very pleasant and asked us if we had enjoyed our meal and the young girl waiting on was also very pleasant and friendly. Well worth a visit. We will definitely be going back for more!

• Visited July 2014