“Highly Recommended!”

Ranked #3 of 34 Restaurants in Leyburn
Price range: US$10 - US$49
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A truly unique dining experience, with sumptuous food, handpicked wine from our award winning cellar and a relaxing atmosphere. Our unique selling point is twofold. Firstly to have a unique dining experience where customers can go and choose their own wine from our amazing cellar which will have over 100 wines. Our second unique selling point is to have local produce and food that is seasonal.
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This is a great restaurant! Perfect after a day at the forbidden corner with family or evening meal out with a group of friends.
The decor was brilliant, with table 'stalls' keeping their resemblance to stables, saddle chairs and horse racing roulette.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. There was a children's menu available with fresh homemade food. The kids had spaghetti bolognese and chicken goujons and chips... and cleared plates.
I had Bream with purple sprouting broccoli and boiled potatoes. Probably one of the best cooked fish I have eaten inside the UK.... and finally somewhere that knows how not to overcook vegetables! Really beautiful meal. Would definitely eat here again if I was in the area!

Thesaddlerom, Partner/Manager at The Saddle Room Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to review The Saddle Room Restaurant I am so pleased you have enjoyed your visit.

We have only just opened and still trying to create the perfect Restaurant and bar in the dales...... Never easy and I have spent 6 years planning this venture so it really pleases me when we are getting some good reviews.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Saddle Room.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

The restaurant is just fantastic! From the bar stools with saddles on to the stable style eating stalls everything has been planned to perfection, as you walk around you see all the horse racing memorabilia, which adds to the whole experience. We were served by a very professional lady who remembered all 8 orders without writing it down. All the food looked wonderful and my beef burger was fabulous. Will definitely be returning, hopefully in the winter to see the lovely wood burner going!

Thesaddlerom, Partner / Manager at The Saddle Room Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to review The Saddle Room Restaurant.

I am really pleased that you have enjoyed your experience with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

From the moment you walk in you find yourself surrounded by horse racing decorative elements. From saddle chairs for the kids to a horse racing roulette. Different spaces with surprises in each corner!! They even have their own underground wine cellar from which you can select your wine!
The lamb and roast beef we ordered were scrumptious and flavoursome. And the desserts were out of this world!! I had the chocolate brownie which just melted in my mouth. The selection was surprising. It's been a long time since I saw spotted dick on the menu!
And finally but not least the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful with the kids!
This is a restaurant I will definitely be returning to soon!!

Thesaddlerom, Partner Manager at The Saddle Room Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Many thanks for your review on The Saddle Room Restaurant.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your visit and our selection of food.

I really look forward to seeing you soon

Leo Morris

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

The restaurant itself was simply stunning and first impressions was great. The First Lady who served us was very friendly and accommodating, even getting my daughter something which was not on the menu. The starter came of salmon, which was quite nice and looked to be a promising meal.
Sadly it all went down hill from there when the main course of the leg of lamb arrived.
The lamb, was slightly under cooked and fatty ( I'm not one who likes my meat over done ).
The Yorkshire pudding was possibly the worst I have ever had?! It appeared to look and taste more like bread, very strange. My roast potatoes tasted very much like a strong oil and just crumbled into pieces upon cutting them.
When I mentioned this to the young waitress at the end of the meal, she just appeared uninterested. Then when my bill came all she managed to say was that she was sorry I hadn't enjoyed my meal. It wasn't exactly the best customer service I have received after a bad meal. I left the restaurant feeling quite ripped off and disappointed. Quite sad considering upon first impressions, I was feeling quite exited.

1  Thank sarahmalaga
Thesaddlerom, Partner/Manager at The Saddle Room Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on TA.

I am really pleased you liked the décor of the restaurant and that also we managed to accommodate your needs by cooking something that wasn't on the menus.

I am taking the points up with our Chef at our next Management meeting and I am sorry we didn't meet your standards on this occasion. We are newly opened and generally the feedback has been very good once again my apologies.

Our Yorkshire puddings are homemade and fresh on the day and have been described as "monsters".

If you get a chance to phone me directly at the restaurant I would be really happy to talk through your meal experience.

The last thing we ever want is for people to leave unhappy and if we can rectify any issues whilst you are still here we will try our best to.

Thanks again

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Highly talented chef team delivered incredible food packed full of flavour. Staff all very friendly and helpful. Shall definitely be making a return visit.

Thesaddlerom, Prtner/Manager at The Saddle Room Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Many thanks for your kind words as a newly opened restaurant we are very pleased that you have visited us.

Many Thanks