“Must try this”

The Saddle Room Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 32 Restaurants in Leyburn
Price range: US$9 - US$45
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A truly unique dining experience, with sumptuous food, handpicked wine from our award winning cellar and a relaxing atmosphere. Our unique selling point is twofold. Firstly to have a unique dining experience where customers can go and choose their own wine from our amazing cellar which will have over 100 wines. Our second unique selling point is to have local produce and food that is seasonal.
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Must try this”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We had a superb meal in the new Saddle Room Restaurant at Tupgill Park near Middleham, great décor too in this atmospheric stable yard conversion. It seems as though not a penny has been spared and the excellent food for a large party of 24 was without complaint. service good too. Steaks are definitely recommended and we also enjoyed the great value "curry night". We will be back soon.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Peter B
leom76, Partner/GM at The Saddle Room Restaurant, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Peterb,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on The Saddle Room Restaurant. I really appreciate your comments and am glad that you had a good meal and enjoyed the ambiance ( and the Curry)

We look forward to seeing you soon again

“Tweaking needed.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

As a local I was asked to visit the restaurant so that I could give feed back to a shooting party coming to the area. The restaurant said it was 'Open All Day'. I arrived at 11am for coffee and it was closed with information from staff at The Forbidden Corner stating it did not open until 12noon. On my second visit for lunch I was accompanied by a neighbour. The place is certainly impressive and has been finished to a high standard. Our conclusions at the end of the meal were that the person at the 'front of house' had little warmth and certainly would not encourage me to return. The waitress was very pleasant but even with a few people in and outside gave the impression of being under pressure. The food was very good and if some tweaks were made to make it more user friendly it would be a fabulous place to go to.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank julia w
leom76, Partner/GM at The Saddle Room Restaurant, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Hi

Congratulations on your first review on Trip Advisor.

Points taken on board ...

I feel that this review was probably done JUST after we had opened or within the first month while we were still finding our feet as I can assure you currently we are open every day for Breakfast Lunch and Dinner. ( apart from Sunday Nights as we do a deep clean).

We have also hired more staff and changed a few around.

Come back and see us as im sure you will see the changes.

If you wish to discuss this further then ring me at the Restaurant

Really glad you enjoyed the food.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Amazing Food great decor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed at cottages for a week and enjoyed two meals at The Saddle Room and a trip to wine cellar and a few visits for their own Wensleydale Ale. We enjoyed the curry night the beef with cardamom was so tasty and beef melted on the tongue. I enjoyed the chocolate brownie with pistachio ice cream and my husband loved the Panncotta with gooseberries. We had a bar meal to celebrate my dad's 65th Birthday and all twelve of us enjoyed our meals. My youngest son stated the mash was better than dad's and dad does a great mash!
We saw the wine cellar in the secret tunnel from the Forbidden Corner and went back down for a look on the last night. We were taken down by a very sweet young waitress who always had a ready smile during our stay. My husband loved his glass of pinot noir and I had nice glass of French red. When we stay again in the future we will have to try the breakfast menu.
The decor is very quirky and lots of really original touches the chandelier is amazing. Wish we lived nearer to pop in more often.

• Visited July 2014
Thesaddlerom, Partner/GM at The Saddle Room Restaurant, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Maria

Many thanks for your kind words it was a pleasure in welcoming you to The Saddle Room and our Accommodation.

We look forward to seeing you again soon

Leo and the team
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Great Night.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

The night started good with a visit to the wine cellar which is situated down the steep stairs into a lovely cool 15 degrees centigrade. The wine was then picked to have with my Steak dinner, starting with a bottle of Don Jacabo Crianza, followed by the Reserve and then the Grand Reserve which was delicious. My meal was very good and cooked perfectly, my wife enjoyed the Grey Mullet as well. The French Restaurant manager is very good and helpful and the other Spanish waiter is also very good. The place has a good ambiance and i would recommend it for a good night out. They also have cottages which look good as well although we did not stay there.

• Visited July 2014
Thesaddlerom, Partner/General Manager at The Saddle Room Restaurant, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Robert

Many thanks for the review and im so glad you enjoyed your visit to us.

Don Jacobo is an old favourite of mine as they are a small producer and unlike the "Rioja Factories" they are family owned and only produce wine for the Restaurant trade..

I have passed on your comments to Sarah and Gerrard.

Many Thanks

Leo
“Great food, beautiful location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We recently stayed at the accommodation that is next to, and ran by, the Saddle Room. We hired two cottages for a week, for two families (1x5, 1x6). It was very handy to be so close to the Saddle Room, as we ended up using it for occasional evening drinks, breakfast and dinner.

The breakfast menu is good, and had enough choice for adults and kids. I had the full English, and wasn't disappointed. It had a good selection, and really set me up for a day sightseeing. The staff where helpful and friendly, and handled the large number of people well.

We had two evening meals during our stay. The first was on their Monday curry night, which went down well. For the smaller kids they had a children's menu for those not so keen on curry. For a country restaurant this was a really good curry, nobody was disappointed.

The second meal was from the A la carte menu. The staff took care of us as soon as we arrived, getting all of the party drinks and settling us in our seats. There is a good selection of food, and a children's menu available. We all had a great meal, and would recommend the menu.

The restaurant decor fits with the history of the local area, with a big nod to horse racing. The kids enjoyed this, especially the saddle-based seats!

The manager, Leo, was very helpful and friendly throughout our stay.

Next time we stay we will probably have a bar meal or two, and I'm sure the quality will be just as good.

1 Thank Greg C
leom76, Partner/General Manager at The Saddle Room Restaurant, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Greg

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on TA. The whole of the team really appreciate your comments and it was great having you as our guests...

Hope you had a safe journey and we look forward to welcoming you soon.

Leo & Team