“Too quality food”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
“Too quality food”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

The barmaid, who also took our food order, was welcoming and homely.

She was well versed in their menu and gave advice.

We were taken to our table which was beautifully set out and the good was served timely and presentable.

Quality was excellent, I had the wood pigeon, which was first class.

Highly recommended

North Yorkshire
“Fantastic Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Wow. We are so glad we ignored the mixed reviews.

I have to say that we always look at Tripadvisor before we book to eat - but the reviews are so wrong here.

Expertly prepared tasty food, well presented, and worth every penny.

We had scallops and belly pork to start - excellent.

Husband ate haddock I ate duck for main. Husband says the haddock was very good, I say the duck was a large portion , very tasty and would order it again.

Creme brûlée and chocolate Marquise. Both were amazing.

The staff are attentive, chatty and approachable. We have eaten in various high class establishments and much prefer the personal approach to the austere feel you get in such restaurants as Swinton Park for example. Having recently eaten at The Talbot in Malton, we feel that the service here is comparable.

Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2014
Basildon, United Kingdom
“Yorkshire Anniversary Trip 2014”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Our fourth visit to this establishment which has become a favorite of ours over the last couple of years, although not one of the cheapest places to eat the standard of cooking here is well worth the the extra you pay. We decided to have a two course lunch of Pressed dales lamb with dauphinoise potato, summer vegetables with redcurrant and mint sauce. My wife finished sticky toffee pudding with butterscotch sauce and apple ice cream, while I chose summer pudding with clotted cream. The flavour of all the dishes were second to none and cooked to perfection and will be coming again when we are North Yorkshire.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Robert H
“Service and food need work”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Arrived on a busy Friday night and waited an age to be served at the bar... When she did come she didn't apologies and had a scowl on her face .... Not as it should have been with a welcoming smile. The wine I had was corked and the lady did change it but there seemed to be a issue with this. We went thru for the dinner and we had soufflé for starter which was 10/10 but then the main course came and I had ordered steak which I specifically asked for it to be RARE well it was well done so they took it back ... There was no real apology just a swift "we will sort it" when it came back again they had used the same plate but put another steak on there that was Medium.... By this point I just kept quiet as It could have been seen that I was a moaner and also the restaurant was cramped and people were listening so felt a little embarresed.

Paid and left

With a little more customer care and a little more attention to detail it would have been a really good evening as the building itself is lovely.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Calmriver
Leyburn
“Wonderful food”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Great menu, no problem choosing something even for me on a low fat diet. Went with family and everyone enjoyed their meal, four very clean plates vouched for that!

Visited July 2014