“A great experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 20 Leyburn B&B and Inns
Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
“A great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

A very warm welcome, very helpful from initial booking and throughout my brief stay. Exceptionally good breakfast with wide choice, a lovely dining experience. I highly recommend the Sandpiper Inn across the road for excellent food and service. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2014
John F, Owner at Clyde House, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for your lovely review we really appreciate you taking the time to write it and that you enjoyed Heathers breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Sean and Heather

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Excellent welcoming when i arrived from Shaun and was made to feel at home. The room was clean and well equipped and the view was lovely. The homemade chocolate cake made by heather was the best I've had. Nothing was too much trouble.
Breakfast was also excellent. Definitely would recommend. Thank you again.
Lorna

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Lorna1905
John F, Owner at Clyde House, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we do appreciate it and are delighted that you enjoyed Heathers chocolate cake and breakfast, we look forward to seeing you on another occassion.

Leicester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Was made very welcome and made to feel comfortable. Was a short business trip stay but lasting memories that shall make me want to stay at the Clyde house again. Thank you for your hospitality and shall visit again soon.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
John F, Manager at Clyde House, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you for your lovely review and Heather and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope your business trip was successful. We look forward to seeing you on another occassion.
West Witton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Clyde house last Friday for a burns night, on arrival we had home made cake and tea served in the guest room it was delicious, we found the owners very friendly and accommodating the rooms were lovely, clean and warm it felt like home from home, the breakfast was lovely with plenty of choice, my sister has a nut and seed allergy the owners went out especially to get some bread and served it separately to her for breakfast. I would love to stay at the Clyde again and would recommend to anyone wanting to stay in the area.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dawn H
John F, Owner at Clyde House, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you for your great review and we are delighted that you and family enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a great Burns night. Thank you for your comments about breakfast as we are very aware of allergies and how important it is to people. We use our local butcher Hartles of West Burton for all our meat and other local small family run business for all other items.

We look forward to your next visit.

Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Turned up with no reservation and within 5 minutes was welcomed into the lovely room with a view. Lovely hosts offered tea and cake - very welcoming. Very clean room with a comfortable bed. Bathrobes, fruit & cookies in room a nice little touch Can see why this ranked #1. Keep up the good work.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
John F, Owner at Clyde House, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review and we are both delighted that you enjoyed all the little extra touches we provide.
Paphos, Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

My colleague and I had reason to visit Leyburn for an impromptu stay. We arrived with no reservations and were welcomed like friends. A fantastic location and wonderful hosts. Thank you both. Breakfast was delicious!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
John F, Owner at Clyde House, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thank you for your review, both Heather and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to write, we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Pau, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

I arrived on Christmas eve from France for a 10 day walking holiday in the Dales and was alone for the first 4 days (stayed in a cottage with my friend for the remaining days). Being alone over Christmas was absolutely no problem as Sean and Heather really looked after me and made me feel at home. There was a Chrismas card for me at breakfast and they had also invited me to join them at their table for their Christmas meal in the Sandpiper. In addition to this they also laid on food and drinks in the evening on Christmas day. You could not wish for better hosts.
Their full English breakfast is a delight and I had one every morning. The room was very cosy with sheets soft as silk. There was a large selection of quality teas, coffees and home made bisquits (which Heather had to replenished every day, they were simply too moorish) and a large box of fine locally produced chocolates. At the end of my stay Sean even drove me to my cottage in Middlehmam, nothing was too much for them.
If I need a B&B again in this area they are definitely top of my list!!
Sean and Heater many thanks again for making my stay such a pleasure.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
John F, Owner at Clyde House, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you for your review and Heather and I are delighted you enjoyed Christmas so much at Clyde House and hope that you and your friends got some long walks from your cottage in Middleham. We look forward to welcoming you to Clyde House in the future and all the best for 2014.
Sean & Heather
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leyburn
The Wheatsheaf in Wensleydale
The Wensleydale Heifer
#1 of 5 in West Witton
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,403 reviews
Oak Lodge Bed & Breakfast

Been to Clyde House? Share your experiences!