“Needs Some TLC”

Ranked #10 of 22 Ingleton B&B and Inns
Manchester England
“Needs Some TLC”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Friendly and accommodating staff. A good bar and a decent breakfast; although served only for a very limited time. You need to be up early. Also great if you're a dog owner - so conversely not so great if you don't expect dogs in the dining room!

Bedding and general room cleanliness was fine. However, the corridors, carpets and bedroom decor was well past their sell by date. In fairness, the rate reflected this but I would rather pay £20 more and have an all round great experience.

I don't think I'd stay again until the accommodation has been upgraded which is a shame as, otherwise, it's potentially a great location.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike Arran
AliceTodd23, General Manager at The Wheatsheaf Inn, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
thank you for taking the time to leave us this review all your feedback has been taken on bored, we do appritiate all feedback as we are always looking to improve, we are looking into upgrading our upstairs. as we are we do hope to see you again soon

thankyou
Alice Todd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Unbelievably bad, went to order food and was told that, despite the pub being almost empty, I would have to wait 75 minutes before I could even order... But at least I was told I could sit and wait if I ordered a drink. Rude bar staff and grubby pub. Went there 9 years ago and would have recommended it to anyone, now.... Not a chance

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank 161Jayne_
AliceTodd23, General Manager at The Wheatsheaf Inn, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. we are sorry you did not enjoy your experience, We do have a dinning room in which we had a large group booked, which is why you had to wait. We would not want to take your order whilst the large party was under way, meaning you would have had a longer wait for your food. That is why we advise people to maybe have a drink in the bar and when the large tables food is going out we can then guide you to the dining room and take your order. to improve your experience. i disagree with your comment about the pub being grubby.

thanks again
middlesbrough
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Called in her after a walk around the village. They had a beer festival on and although they certainly seemed a good line up musically. The same beers were on offer inside as out so the selection for a beer festival was rather limited and some of the ales were similar.
We did get talking to a couple however who were sad that they had not been able to book a room as they had done several times in past.
the service was good

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
thank you for taking the time to write this review, also thank you for the feedback on the ales, we will bare that in mind on getting the ales in for the next festival

Lancashire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Nice room, great food, nice ales, top music festival. Lone breakfast waitress did a Stirling job. Rooms are good value. Very busy but able to get served reasonable quickly. Ingleton is a truly great place to visit. Will be returning.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank your for taking the time to write this review. we are glad you enjoyed our music festival i know we all really enjoyed working it there will be one next year so please do come in and join the fun.

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Terrific value for money. Room a little worn around the edges, but all very clean. Staff all very friendly, Victoria especially helpful and efficient. Food delicious, generous portions; only wish the toast was a little crunchier. Choice of wine & beer good. The Wheatsheaf is in a good position for walking or cycling the dales and it's quiet.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave is this review. we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us our staff do try to make sure everyone has a great experience we are glad you enjoyed your food and drink with us i will pass this review on to the team as they will be very pleased. we thrive off all comments made good or bad as we are all looking to improve in all accepts of the business

Thanks Again
Glossop, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Sorry but I can not accept the other reviews. The staff are pleasant and friendly, but the room was frankly very dirty. Stained drawer liners, stained carpets, black mould in the shower, cobwebs etc. The bathroom was dusty and stained - even the radiator! I really don't mind basic, but there is no excuse for poor cleaning. And the sickly strong air freshener in the hallway made me wonder what they are trying to mask. Will never stay again. Sorry staff as you seem to be pleasant, but a major scrub is needed throughout

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Liz H
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. all reviews are taken on bored so we can work on these things and improve them so our customers have better experience. we we are sorry you felt this way about your room we are looking into our standards.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Wheatsheaf last night (Thursday) and found the evening experience totally different to the morning one.
I arrived during a wet and windy afternoon to a roaring fire and a warm welcome. I was shown to my room, which was nothing special, but clean and comfortable.
The bar had a couple of real ales, one local and one from further afield.
I decided to eat in and I am glad I did. The food was very good.
After a couple more beers and a nightcap I retired to my room and slept like a log.
I needed a fairly early start the next morning and a good breakfast inside me, so I pushed my luck and went down to the dinning room earlier than the 8am breakfast start time. I was allowed in and started on the cereal. I was soon offered tea or coffee and by 8.05 was asked for my choice of breakfast. An agonising (because I was in a rush) 20 minutes later went by before my full English arrived, but not before the cheap the toast had been delivered. I should have left then........ You can tell a great deal about a place from their toast. No option was given me. Brown? Wholemeal? Granary? Nope! Just cheap sliced cotton-wool white.
I still had hopes that the chef (after last nights experience) would deliver. Maybe they had run out of good bread?
What arrived was very disappointing. Who puts the baked beans on top of the bacon?
It looked a mess and tasted, odd.
I picked at it and tried to find positives. The fried egg was good, and with nice toast it would have been great. The sausage was tasty, but everything else was terrible. I have no idea how the bacon had been cooked - maybe that's why it was hidden under the beans? I left more than half of it and made my escape.
If I stay at the Wheatsheaf again, I'd gladly spend the evening in the bar and eat from their menu. The following morning however I'd go to the cafe up the road and eat a modern, good quality breakfast.
It's a real shame, because that is my lasting (bad) memory of the Wheatsheaf.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PaulsGlobalOdyssey
Thank You taking the time to write this review all your comments have been taken on bored. we are glad you enjoyed your evening with us and we are sorry you didn't enjoy your breakfast. we are also sorry you had to wait for your breakfast but we do cook our breakfast to order and normally when guests are in a rush they let us know so we can be prepared and try to get their breakfast out quicker i have fed back all your breakfast comments to the kitchen.

Thanks Again
Alice
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ingleton
Marton Arms Hotel
#15 of 22 in Ingleton
The Pheasant Inn
The Pheasant Inn
#3 of 12 in Kirkby Lonsdale

Been to The Wheatsheaf Inn? Share your experiences!