The Station Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Ingleton
See available hotels
Golden Lion Hotel(Horton-in-Ribblesdale)
New Inn Hotel(Clapham)
  • Breakfast included
The Traddock(Austwick)
Hipping Hall(Kirkby Lonsdale)
  • Breakfast included
The Whoop Hall(Kirkby Lonsdale)
  • Pool
Snooty Fox(Kirkby Lonsdale)
  • Bar/Lounge
Orange Tree Hotel(Kirkby Lonsdale)
Thorns Hall(Sedbergh)
View Hotel
All reviewsribblehead viaductwalkers pubsteak and kidney puddingtrain timeslong walkkippersfresh vegpoor reviewsgreat pubselection of beersroaring firereal alefew drinksdown to earthmuddy bootspen y ghentwarm welcome
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Despite some bad reviews on Tripadvisor, I took a chance and booked a room at The Station Inn and I am very glad that I did, as I had a terriffic time. I found the staff most friendly and helpful, the room clean and tidy. The Station Inn hasn't been modernised and done up and therefore kept it's character. It's the perfect place if you feel you need to get away from the stress of the modern World and relax in a calm and peaceful athmosphere. The area is great for walking and the scenery stunning and I can't wait for my next visit.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Roy H
Reviewed 12 November 2012 via mobile

We had a weekend here for a friend's birthday and stayed in the pub itself. The rooms are in need of a refurb and everything needed a good clean and dust. I know some other reviews have said that this is a 'typical/traditional' Dales pub, but I would argue that it could still be clean! Also, if they're aiming at the basic hostel-type accommodation then £70 a night is a bit much for what you actually get - you can't have it both ways!  The location is perfect for walking, however on many trips to the Dales I've been to much better pubs that do accommodation. The food is fine, but they tend to favour quantity over quality - the portions are enormous. In summary, this hotel is fine for a stopover in the Dales, but I would recommend looking around at other options first as this is on the expensive side for the quality of the accommodation.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank LKBrown
Reviewed 12 September 2012

To tell of my experience of the Station Hotel in detail would take too long so I'll keep it brief,
Initial impression of the Station Hotel - Tired and tatty.
Had to choose my breakfast and breakfast time the day before.
Was left to find stairs and room on my own.
Upon entering the room SOMEONE WAS LYING ON THE BED
No Shower
Couldnt face eating in the evening due to wall of heat, noise and sweat in bar area
Had to plug kettle in on floor on other side of room as no socket near table
High noise level from pub
Bed uncomfortable
Discovered red stain on pillowcase next day (possibly from previous guest topping themself)
Breakfast next day shared dining room 27 others heat and noise horrible.
After they had insisted on me booking a time the previous day it was half an hour late
Inaccurate train times written on blackboard above bar..

This was the first night of my holiday and I intend to forget it.
On the up side it is close to the station and you can get far away quickly.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
15  Thank S S
Reviewed 27 August 2012

stayed in the bunk barns which were clean and comfy. The landlord was very accomodating and the pub has nice home cooked food and atmosphere. It is not 5 star accomodation but it is not 5 star prices.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank margaretkellett
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I stayed here with a group of friends whilst we tackled the 3 peaks walk. Our party was booked into one of the "bunkhouses" which has berths for 6 people. I've always considered myself a realistic sort of a person and though expecting a basic "get your 'ead down for the night" type of place I was not prepared for the hovel which awaited. The adjoining bathroom/toilet facilities were run down and the shower head broken. Considering that most of the pubs income probably comes from walkers, many of whom presumably stay in the bunkhouses, I can only assume that there is very little return trade!

Room Tip: Only consider if no alternatives!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends