“"Perfect end to a Perfect day"”
Review of The Station Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ingleton
The Station Inn
Ranked #11 of 22 Ingleton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We arrived at off the Carlisle train at 6.15 to a lovely welcome, we hadn't booked but were given the option of eating in the bar or if we wouldn't mind being quick we could eat in the dining room.Not a problem and we promised to be out for 7.15 so they could lay up for the big party due in at 7.30. The waitress was a lovely woman with a great Yorkshire sense of humour. We ordered 3 steak pie and chips, 2 chicken in bacon and 1 utterly delicious sea bass and a portion of the best ever onion rings. We also order bottles of reasonably priced wine and a jug of water with ice and lemon and lime, which was filled at least twice over without being asked. When we finished we moved into the bar for another 1.1/2hr before catching the 9.00pm train home to Skipton. A great pub with a fantastic atmospher, super food and one of the best views in Yorkshire from the gents loo window!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank janetteSkipton

Reviewed 18 June 2013

This hotel is in a great postition on the Moors. They seemed to be happy to pick us up from the main road (after walking over the moors from Buckden) for £5. We were very grateful for the lift as we were completely exhausted and soggy wet.

The pub is a little scruffy but hey..that is fine when you are dripping wet. Our friends had the Wainright room with four poster bed and very small bathroom. It wasn't that grand but it did have an amazing view over the Viaduct and as we were there on a Wednesday we were lucky enough to see the 5.30pm steam engine going over.

We had Room 7 The Waterbed. Initially I thought the staff were teasing us but indeed....it was a waterbed. It was hilarious! It was a bigger room, modern bathroom and also benefited from a beautiful view over the moors and Viaduct.

Suet Pudding for the boys (not often you see that on the menu these days) and Sea Bass in a wonderful butter/nut sauce for the girls. Plenty of fresh veg to go with it. Everything was delicious, hot and ample. Same for breakfast.

Not a posh place but good beer, good fun, good service. Stroll over the road in the morning to get the train to Dent Dale or keep walking on the Moors. Either way, it is a great location.

Room Tip: Try Room 7 with the waterbed! More comfortable that you expect, great views and lovely and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sally J
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Stayed here as part of the Dale's Way walk. Arrived wet and a bit muddy. Took off boots and muddy over-trousers before going in, but needn't have bothered! We were shown up to the Wainwright room, which we were told with great pride was the four-poster room, well yes it was, but little else. TV not wired in. No wardrobe or even a hook to hang everything on, so wet coats had to be hung on the posts of the bed to dry. When we complained we were told that at £80 pounds we had been given a £15 discount because the room wasn't finished (something not mentioned on booking).They should try looking at the Buck Inn at Buckden, and the George and Dragon at Dent to see what competition offers for less.

If you're walking in this area, do whatever you can to avoid staying here. If you want a meal the food is good, hence the two stars.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Barbara D
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I visited this place whilst camping in the area yesterday. I have worked in hospitality before and the bar staff had no customer service, I stood in at an empty bar whilst two or three continued a conversation for several minutes in the morning looking for breakfast. I was turned away saying there was no breakfast options (although another customer pointed out a selection of baked goods which the bar staff had seemed to forget about).

I returned in the evening, waited an hour and a half for food. The pub was busy so we sat out in the evening sun, by the time our food arrived, darkness was falling and we had to wear thermals, gloves and hats to enjoy our meals. As a strict vegetarian, I was appalled to find my vegetarian meal (which arrived cold) came with gravy with large chunks of stewed beef.

With no staff around, i ate around my meal as best I could. I complained to the person who served my meal, was advised he'd "get the chef told" and was offered no apology or compensation, i was also expected to pay the full menu price. This was the first piece of meat i've eaten in several years.

All of the staff i spoken to were dismissive, unhelpful and unfriendly (one guy with a shaved head bordered on aggressive as he took my payment). The only friendly member of staff within the whole establishment was a younger blonde girl who it later turned out was only visiting for the weekend and not one of the full time staff.

I would avoid this place at all costs and bring your own food or snack in the cafe at the train station during the day time.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
13  Thank boyonhisbike1
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I had the misfortune to have to stay in the Bunk House attached to and owned by this pub. If I had not been 150 miles from home and travelling with a group I would not have stayed here for all the tea in China.
It cannot have a fire certificate or any form of official inspection certificate from the local council as there is no evidence of certification of any sort within the property.
Its filthy , thank god I had my own bedding with me as the bedding supplied would have been rejected by a doss house.
A picture paints a thousand words so see the attached photos and judge for yourselves?
Its a shame that the management don't wise up and spend some money on the place it could be a gold mine if done properly.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
9  Thank Horiz
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Called in for a quick coffee before our walk on a busy three peaks and fellsman race, a nice welcome by the owner and barman .Nice coffee .Nice atmosphere and a lovely view of Whernside from the windows and so I'm told from the gents .

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dee s
Reviewed 20 April 2013

We stayed here whilst walking the Dalesway. As others have said this is a basic pub with rooms, but they manage to get clients , as there really is nowhere else to stay on route whilst walking the Dalesway. So they don't need to make any effort, and it shows. The rooms are basic and small. No furniture to put clothes, but then most people staying here are walkers and stay one night and move on. The TV was on the floor, and there didn't seem anywhere o plug it in. Having said that the bathroom had recently been updated and it was fine. However the room we had , was at the back of the pub and we had fantastic views of the Ribblehead viaduct , and that more than made up for the rooms deficiences.
the welcome was OK, a bit 'can't be bothered' , again because they don't have to. The food was Ok, good pub food. However some of our group wanted porridge for breakfast and were told the chef refused to make it. Very different from else where we stayed where it was on the menu, and even if it wasn't the hosts were happy to make some.

2  Thank Naz68
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ingleton
6 mi away
#4 of 4 in Kirkby Lonsdale
The Crown Hotel
The Crown Hotel
#6 of 6 in Horton-in-Ribblesdale

Been to The Station Inn? Share your experiences!