“lovely”
Review of The Station Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ingleton
The Station Inn
Ranked #11 of 22 Ingleton B&B and Inns
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“lovely”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Having read some of the reviws before going I was a little apprehensive, however the staff were lovely the food was lovely, we were made very welcome and they helped make our day brilliant.I would like to thank the staff for looking after us on sunday 22nd Jun. would love to come back

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Our party of ten visited here yesterday 22 june 2014 for drinks and a meal.We had booked though were 30 mins late due to train times,staff couldnt have been more helpful and our meal was superb Highly recomennded!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Haywards Heath, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

You don't have to be a train buff to stay at the Station Inn and take the opportunity to see close up the magnificent feat of Victorian engineering that is Ribblehead Viaduct, but if you are walking the Dales Way there are certainly two disadvantages, at least, of a decision to stay here - the first being the extra mile to get here from the path, and the second being the need to walk the same mile back to the path the next morning. For the non-purists, however, there is the potential option of cutting off the corner climb over a boggy moor and the road walk to Dent by catching the 10.07 train from Ribblehead (directly opposite the pub) to Dent Station (not Dent!!) and rejoining the path alongside the River Dee at Lea Yeat.

The Station Inn itself is not the most sophisticated hostelry, the staff not overly customer friendly, the decor certainly more shabby than chic, and is best generously described as a walkers' and bikers' pub with a boisterous atmosphere, particularly around the pool table. Having said all that, my comfortable en suite room offered a queen size double and shower, and my bacon and brie ciabatta was very tasty.

On balance and being a train buff, I would recommend staying here. The Station Inn provides a lively, even convivial atmosphere that is a good antidote to lone walking, and the viaduct itself presents an early, welcoming target that comes into view as soon as you attain the Pennine Way ridge from Cam Houses.

In addition to the small number of rooms in the inn itself, there is also a bunk barn next to the pub, but in whichever accommodation you stay, if you are sleeping in the front rooms you are likely to be disturbed fairly regularly throughout the night by the noise of vehicles going over the cattle grid on the busy road directly outside your window.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank merrellj
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I am seasoned walker. After a hardy day walk on the hills I decided to head way to the station inn where I had booked a room.

Upon arrival I was greeted by the two headed dragon who snarled at me with very few black teeth. I decided to make my way up the stairs to get rid of my bags. Half way up I noticed my feet felt heavy, as they stuck to the carpet. Further along the landings i found my room. As I threw my bag on the bed it would have flew out the window if they had not ceased closed as the queen bed booked was in fact a water bed. I went back to the 2 headed dragon to request a room change which I got. Upon arrival to my new queen room it was apparent that the queen bed was the only thing able to fit into the room.

After showering and heading down stairs to the bistro I noticed out e corner of my eye in the kitchen a black dog scratching its nuts and a fat greasy looking chef sweating like a pan of chips over the salad.

The noise of the trucks going over the cattle grid thru the night was like being woken by a machine gun at regular intervals during the night.

The positives about the station inn was seeing the smoke of my wheels in the rear view mirror as i sped off .

Room Tip: Loo with a view
Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
14 Thank Tom T

Travellers are raving about these Ingleton hotels

Troon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Night stopped here recently on the Dalesway Walk The room was dark green, not very inviting ,made worse by two of the five light bulbs missing. No chairs, bedside table or lamp although the en-suite looked recent and the shower good. Wardrobe had a few very flimsy child sized coat hangers
Orders were taken, twice, for the following days' pack lunch. Mine was supposed to be ham, salad and a dressing on ciabatta What I got was a dry, empty baguette neatly wrapped in cling film
The evening meal, hunters chicken, was good
Directions given the next day to cut the corner over Blea Moor were inaccurate , fortunately there was the line of the railway tunnel vent shafts to navigate by

Room Tip: This hotel is out in the sticks, there isn't much choice. Try the bunk house
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Bob F
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The food and beer at the Station are excellent. However, what used to be a large room for drinkers with views to the moors on three sides has been ruined.

The room is jammed with dining tables and huge, highbacked black chairs with soggy upholstery covered in plastic.

This is a country pub frequented by walker, cavers, bikers and trainspotters, not a place for fine dining.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank TFEcclescake
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I've been a regular visitor at The Station Inn for a number of years, usually a pit stop for a well earned feed and a bit of chill time after a good day on the hills.
This weekend was the first visit of this year - what a change! The reception was warm, the staff couldn't be more helpful. After a very wet day out we were welcomed in, mud included. Even the dog was hosed down with warm water & given a towel! Despite going all out to look after the sodden visitors of the day, the seated area remained immaculately clean.
The food was delicious and served quickly. A member of our party is wheat intolerant and for the first time through all of our many days out, she was able to order a hearty meal with very little effort and no quibble, she was simply catered for.
The Station has now become not just the place we'll go to because it's there, but the place we look forward to ending up after a hard day. We'll definitely orchestrate future trips to end here!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank JosieMalls
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ingleton
New Inn Hotel
#2 of 4 in Settle
The Wheatsheaf Inn
The Wheatsheaf Inn
#10 of 22 in Ingleton

Been to The Station Inn? Share your experiences!