“Very satisfactory visit”

Old Brewery Inn
Price range: US$10 - US$19
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Superbly located in Ingleton on the main A65 in between Kirkby Lonsdale and Skipton. A Traditional Pub, with traditional values, pub classics menu, fantastic home cooked and fresh food including desserts. We serve delicious Roasts every Sunday, always with a choice of at least 2 meats. We are family friendly, dog friendly + muddy boots are welcome too....
Ingleton, United Kingdom
“Very satisfactory visit”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Very pleased with the meals that we had here in the Mason's Arms. The food and draught beer were of very good quality and enjoyed by all 4 of us. For a village pub though, the interior is far too bright, better suited to a shop. Don't understand the change of name, it will still be known as the Masons by locals.

liverpool, england
“excellent meal”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

2nd visit to this pub/restaurant whilst holidaying in Ingleton. i had the rump steak and it was delicious with chips, salad, onion rings, mushrooms, tomatoes and pepper sauce, could not eat it all. my mother had home made chicken ham and leek pie and said that was lovely too. thoroughly enjoyed our meal and so did the children. friendly staff , will return!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Quality Pub Food”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We've been a number of times since you opened and had a great experience every time. It's clear that pride is taken in the cooking of the food. Great pies! Nice beer selection and really comfortable surroundings. The occasional odd wait when busy is worth it! We will recommend you to our friends.

1 Thank A B
High Bentham, England, United Kingdom
“family tea”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We called at the old Brewery Inn for a quick pub tea with our daughter, partner and two grandchildren. We checked when we went in that a table for 6 was available and were told there was no problem. The bar had a few customers sitting around it and there was two tables taken in the restaurant(10 People). There was 3 bar staff and more staff in the kitchen. We were seated near the toliets on a table which was too small and not enough chairs. The food took 50 minutes to arrive and when it did it was poor quality. Half the order was wrong and the potatoes were so hard you couldn't stab them with your fork. The service was rubbish. I think the owners need to decide whether they want to attract people to eat there or just drinkers to sit by the bar.

• Visited October 2013
Robsanders147, Owner at Old Brewery Inn, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Hi and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I was very saddened to read of your experience here that Sunday. As I remember speaking to the staff about it after service that day.

I do apologise for the wait, but when you entered the pub you were told that there was only one table left in the pub and it could only seat 4. You said this was fine, you would just squeeze another seat on the end.

Im saddened to hear that you feel we squeezed you next to the toilet? but by my measurements you have to walk 8 metres from that table and go through two doors to get to the gents.

The new potatoes were cooked by a trainee chef and not checked by me, which is my fault and i replaced them with another batch straight away when you complained. I normally check everything but on this occasion I was struggling a little due to having both lights fail in the kitchen and a second chef call in sick that day so I was cooking by myself, in an extremely packed pub by candlelight. So again I apologise but there is only so much I can do.

We spoke to the other two adult members of your party the day after and they both said they loved their meals, So I can only really apologise that you didn't like yours, and had you mentioned it at the time, we could of changed it or offered a refund.

As for the crowds of people in the bar, we never have any complaints from any other diners about it being too loud? We cant turn people away from coming for a drink? Im trying to build a business not close one? All i can ask is that if you do decide to come and dine with us again is that you book in advance so that we can seat you on a perfectly sized table, in the dining area away from the noise of the bar, or near any toilet doors.

Thank you for your comments, they are taken on board and if you want to discuss the matter any further, please feel free to email me on rob@settlebrewery.co.uk

We hope this hasn't put you off returning and hope to see you again soon

Rob
Ingleton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family celebration”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

What a pleasant surprise! Having been into the Old Brewery Inn while it was under the previous management, and been sorely disappointed, we decided to give it a go for a family birthday celebration. Living locally, we had been in a few weeks previously to book a table of 8 (5 adults, 3 children) for a Sunday. We were given the regular menu to take away and have a look at.

We were a little disappointed - having seen the delicious looking choices on the menu - to discover that they only serve roast dinner on a Sunday, NOT the choices from the menu we were given...

The roast was advertised 'with all the trimmings' however... NO Yorkshire pudding with roast beef??? Not right... I must say though, that the portions were great! and the food on the plate was amazing! I was surprised though, that small children were given BIG chicken legs as a 'children's portion'. Seems a bit strange...

I will definitely go back, as the atmosphere was great... really relaxed and friendly... And I would really like to see what the food on the regular menu is like, as it looked and sounded delicious! The refurbishment and atmosphere is a 100% improvement on the previous management, and I think as with any take-over of a business there will be teething problems...

One of our party said the beer was really good, and will definitely be going back on a regular basis!