“Better than expected”

The Dales Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ingleton
The Dales Guest House
Ranked #21 of 22 Ingleton B&B and Inns
Cheshire
“Better than expected”
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I arrived at the Dales Guest House somewhat nervous after reading all the recent reviews. Although not the most wonderful B&B I have ever stayed in, for the £30 I paid, I think it was good value for money. I had a very early breakfast as I was doing the '3 Peaks' and was offered a much nicer breakfast than I had expected including a good assortment of cereals, fresh melon and strawberries, yoghurts and chunky toast.
The bed was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank CheshireLovehols

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed 6 November 2011

When I arrived I was given a flurry of instructions on how things should be and how certain things should be used. Once this wittering woman had disappeared I was a bit peckish I decided to try a welcome biscuit, only to discover that they had both gone off the week before.

The next day I went down early for breakfast and was greeted by a "dinning room" smaller than a shed. The food however was of an acceptable quality. After I had gone back to my room for a bit more sleep I was woken shortly by one of the owners asking if I wanted anything as they are going out for the day and wouldn't be available. I find this a bit ridiculous as I was paying for a service where they would be available until 9pm.

As I came downstairs to go out for the day I found the keys to all the rooms on a side table in the hallway, I was amazing shocked by this lack of security and promptly hid the keys in the same hallway. The owners never mentioned that the master keys to all the rooms had gone missing and the keys we still in the same place the next morning. I am shocked by the fact that these people let me stay the night in a place that the keys were missing and my belongings, for all they know, could have been stolen at any time.

I left this shabby, unclean and unkept place for good after my second okay breakfast. I do not recommend you stay here as it drastically needs improving.

• Stayed November 2011
5 Thank Rokuro

Travellers are raving about these Ingleton hotels

Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I'm afraid that this guest house was extremely disappointing - the bed was clean and the sheets were fresh, but the cobweb above the door was black with accumulated dust and the layout of the room was poorly thought out. You couldn't watch TV as the viewing angle was wrong.

Worse though, was the hectoring 'welcome' I received complaining about my arrival time, followed by the list of rules bashed into me (all of which were duplicated by notices around the room). The best was a 'no boots' sign on the footstool in the dining room! When I arrived home, there was a message on my answerphone demanding to know when I was arriving.

I had two nights at this B+B and was really unhappy to find on both days that the breakfast was luke warm, with the baked beans actually cold.... I don't think its too hard to heat baked beans....

Ingleton is a beautiful place and the Dales were stunning, but, when I return, there are sufficient other properties offering B+B in the area to find a different base.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank A1_Traveller_11
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2011

I must say, reading the previous review, I had a different experience altogether. As a busy man who works in central London, I was looking for a quiet getaway with my wife and teenage sons. I was not disappointed with my stay, and my two boys had a brilliant time too. The location was great, we did climbing, caving and walks all at a very close distance, the village it self is wonderful and we were greeted with a warm welcome and brilliant quality British breakfast. The hotel provided comfy beds, the rooms were adequate for our needs, and we found everything in the guest house comfortable and relaxing. We found everything to be clean and comfortable and I look forward to coming again next year.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank callumjeffrey
ingleton
Reviewed 10 May 2010

My husband and I had been given a Christmas present - a weekend from 'Freshweekends' by our son. We chose the Dales Guest House as it sounded just what we were looking for. When we arrived we were very disappointed to say the least. The entrance hall was a bit like a junk yard. The owners were getting a cooker delivered at the time and the kitchen door was wide open - never seen such a tip in my life. The bedroom wasn't much better - there were 2 cushions lying on the bed and were covered in stains!! the bed was clean but the sink was so small and close to the bed [not in the bathroom]. There were cobwebs all over the bathroom which consisted of a very poor shower and a toilet with a wobbly seat. We didnt even bother to take clothes out of the case as the wardrobe wasn't bid enought to hold them.The breakfast was fine but we were sat so close to another couple we felt we had to speak to them!! This was booked through Fresh Weekends and cost £89!! The actual cost had we booked direct would have been £56 - a very good profit margin!! We had booked an additional night but needless to say we didnt stay. Would not recommend this to anyone. Very shabby and in need of a good facelift. Wouldn't recommend 'Freshweekends' either. We told them about our problem and they weren't interested.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mcoyle_10
, Owner at The Dales Guest House, responded to this review, 26 February 2011
This couple were using a vouvher supplied by Fresh Weekends . The face value has nothing to do with us. We only receive our normal rate minus 10%. A full response was made to the voucher supplier together with a copy of our latest Vsiit England assessment, which was three star with three elements at four star.