“Fall in love here!”

58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 208 helpful votes
“Fall in love here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

I visited this enchanted place and fell in love with the Ingleton waterfalls. Very romantic spot. Thornton Force and the others are worth the 6 or more mile walk.

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Beautiful and rewarding moderate distance walk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

The walk is very well laid out and maintained which allows even beginner walkers to see all the waterfalls in a safe way. Beautiful views every few minutes, and refreshments and toilets on the way round!

jessbloss
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Kids & Dog love it here...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

This is our second trip to the waterfalls, you do have to pay however the trail is well maintained, and almost litter free.
the walk itself is always wet in places even in the hight of summer so walking boots or trainers are advisable (not canvas pumps like me)
trail is not suitable for wheelchairs, pushchairs or very young children, my 5yr old just managed it,
the surface is uneven and the thousands of steps are uneven and very steep in places.
the trail is very enjoyable and there are many stop off points perfect for picnics, there is lots to see and the waterfalls and the view at the top of the valley are amazing.

the end of the trail brings you to a lovely village where we bought the most amazing blackpudding ....
lovely day out and worth the walk/hike

Birmingham, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Walk??!! Surely they mean HIKE!! lol”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

After visiting the White Scar Caves earlier in the day, I decided to take a look around the local village and came across signs for Waterfall Walk.....

I followed the signs and came to their car park, which a kind gentleman came to the car and took our payment to go into the car park and do the "walk". I thought the price was a bit steep but was looking forward to seeing the waterfalls and taking pictures.

Before we started on the "walk" (can you tell that I didn't think the word "Walk" described it correctly ;-)), we decided to get a drink and treat from the cafe.. I had (Birthday) carrot cake, which was beautifully moist, and reasonably priced. It was a lovely cafe and the lady who was waitress/etc was very friendly.

We started the walk at about 3:30pm.........I think this was my mistake! Looking back, if I was going to do this "walk" again, I would take the whole day to do it. nether the less, my two children and I set off with great vigour.

I either missed the first waterfall or it is a while until you get to the first. The scenery is rather beautiful though and there was a few sculptures along the way (fallen trees and coins), Also, if you have children, you could also buy an explorers trail for a £1 at the entrance (car park) and they would then look out for the posts and rub the raised pattern onto the trail and at the end get a badge or something (I don't know exactly as we didn't do it......good job too because by the time we got back to the car........the place was deserted).

Alright, I am not the fittest person on the planet, in fact, if you had suggested I went on this walk about 10 years ago I would have politely declined, however I was not expecting it to be quite so physical. Yes, I understand that waterfalls fall down the hillside so knew that I would most probably be some uphill walking but the path is very uneven and yes, there are a lot of steps.

By the time we reached the field, the sun was setting, (made the waterfall look very pretty), and I was worried about getting lost in the evening so after climbing the steps to the top, and feeling very tired, decided to turn back and go the way we came.....

I think that is a decision that I have regretted, as I would love to see the other side of the "walk". So next time I venture up the M6 I will plan this particular attraction for a full day!!

Visited September 2013
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“great hike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

brilliant views worth the effort. Scope for taking great photo,s. Welcome café at end. Chance to look around town centre on last leg of the walk.

Visited September 2013