“Lovely walk.”

Ingleton Waterfalls Trail
Ranked #3 of 13 things to do in Ingleton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A 4½ mile trail via a series of spectacular waterfalls, through ancient woodland and beautiful Yorkshire Dales scenery.
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely place to pass a few hours. Amazing scenery with great photo ops. I think £6 entry is abit pricey but it is still worth a visit.

1  Thank Clandy857
Write a ReviewReviews (2,201)
All reviews
in 22 reviews
"take your time"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Today we walked for 3 hours around the waterfalls of ingleton. The car park was free and had toilets and a tea shop. We started at 10:30am and it wasn’t too busy. The weather was hot, seriously hot, which no doubt made the walk harder but for the most part you are under the cover of trees whilst the water bubble down past you. People of all ages were walking, lots with dogs but no kids. Although we saw 1 or 2 in baby carriers, I can’t imagine my 6 year old could have made it round. The ground is uneven and the walk is strenuous in parts. In saying that the scenery is amazing, the views are breathtaking and the waterfalls are dreamy and beautiful. I dipped my feet in twice on the walk round and the water was clear and clean and cold (perfect when it’s 28 degrees).
There were 2 places to stop for refreshments. A small snack bar (which served ice cream, teas, coffees, dog treats and lovely ice lemon water). The second was part of the fall park area where there were also toilets. We also found an ice cream van half way round!!
It was a glorious walk, tricky in places, but doable for most sure footed novices like us.
The only disappointment was it comes to an erupt end and all of a sudden you are on the main high street not knowing if you’ve reached the end. But you just need to make your way back round to the car park again. Couldn’t do the walk with young kids, I’d say 10 years plus.

3  Thank SallyBrownsb76
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

What a stunning place! I’ve got to say it’s got to be one of the favourite places I’ve visited for sure, lovely cafe near the car park too. The walk took us about 6 hours but we had plenty of stops with the dogs and for ice cream and snacks. I love how there are 2 ice creams stop offs which was ideal as the weather was so hot!! I love the waterfall with the deep water where you could swim, absolutely stunning!! The only downside was the rude car park attendant. She upset my friend how she spoke to her, no need really at all!! Just down right rude! But we would go back for sure.

1  Thank jules1311
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Myself and partner went yesterday, it was a lovely hot day. The walk was dry and a well marked route. Fantastic day out

1  Thank djozzy89