Have just spent 3 nights at the Marton Arms and although there were no major problems, there were quite a number of smaller issues as follows:-
1) Arrived mid afternoon but reception was locked up, had to go to the bar to find a member of staff.
2) My room was on the ground floor with a seating area for pub customers directly outside my window but due to the weather it was not used so not a problem at this time, however, there were a couple of ashtrays full of cigarette ends and rain water on the wall which had obviously been there for quite some time.
3) My room had a tubular metal four poster bed with a net curtain at the end which looked cheap & cheerful ~ not ones vision of how a four poster bed should be. The wet room shower which I requested was just about ok but the shower drain plug was covered in mould and needed a thorough clean, which meant that water did not drain away fast enough causing most of the floor to be covered in water when showering. There was also mould on the bottom of the shower curtain. The extractor fan automatically switched on with the light which was fine but carried on for around 10 minutes when switching the light off ~ a bit of a pain if you had to use the bathroom in the middle of the night!!
4) Cleaning of the room was also a little lax as there were areas on the furniture with a coat of dust which remained for the length of our stay. After a couple of days, we left our towels on the floor rather than hanging them up which denotes to the staff that you wanted fresh towels. They were hung on the heated towel rail (which was not switched on) to dry, therefore, were still wet when we returned. We were given fresh towels when pointing this out to reception.
5) Breakfast was a bit hit & miss each morning with problems ranging from cutlery & plates missing, no orange juice replenished, no glasses replenished and slow service due to lack of staff. On one morning, the only waitress stopped serving in order to check out another guest which resulted in the chef/cook serving the breakfast and continually apologising for the delay.
6) Had dinner on the first night which turned out to be quite alright and the food was enjoyable.
My wife & I enjoyed our stay in the area and would certainly return but I don't think it would be to the Marton Arms. There were just too many negative little problems for a 4**** establishment so I shall be looking elsewhere for accommodation when I return to the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a traditional Country Inn located 3/4 of a mile from Ingleton and just 6 miles away from Kirkby Lonsdale. We have 10 guest bedrooms, two of which have four poster beds, one twin bedroom and one family bedroom, the rest are double bedrooms. We are ideally located for the those doing the Yorkshire Three Peaks or visiting the White Scar Caves and Ingleton Waterfalls.All of our food is prepared freshly on site to order and we use locally sourced suppliers. For those Ale drinkers we have 8 Cask Ale hand pulls, which during the busy season we try and have all 8 on. During the quieter months this is not always possible. For those winter months we have two roaring log burning stoves in the bar and for the Summer months we have two lovely beer gardens, one out the front of the hotel looking over St Oswalds Church and one out the back looking over open fields. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Marton Arms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marton Arms Ingleton
- Marton Arms Hotel Ingleton, Yorkshire