“Quirky castle with wonderful character.”
Review of Banwell Castle

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Banwell
Banwell Castle
Ranked #2 of 2 Banwell B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the castle, it's charming, quirky with amazing views. The bed was comfortable, we had a very peaceful 2 night stay. The grounds are beautiful, complete with peacocks and bits of odd garden furniture. The place felt very relaxed and we took a few walks around the pretty garden.
Breakfast was amazing both mornings, service was very good. The building is imposing with a spacious car park and lots of lovely features. The only thing I would've liked was a shower rather than a bath. The water was sometimes stone cold but it didn't inconvenience us that much. It's unique and we celebrate the quirks, we will be returning.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 1066girl

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We Stayed For 1 Night In September, Booked Last Minute. Upgraded To Superior Room, Really Comfy Bed With Stunning View From Balcony. And What A Breakfast! Second Time We Have Stayed Here And Will Definitely Be Staying Again!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Mel B
Reviewed 9 September 2013

While the castle does need some work doing, it is a wonderful place to stay, bed was comfortable, towels were fresh and room was clean and warm. The castle is such a unique place to stay anyone looking for something a bit different and an interesting experience will enjoy (you wouldn't get somewhere else with so much character for such good value)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I got married at banwell castle on Saturday 24 August 2013 I stayed the night before with the girls and got married on the Saturday it was the perfect location and the staff were very helpful carmino was very good and helped me a lot and kept me calm the hog roast was fantastic every guest loved the location and food it really was amazing day for my perfect day I highly recommend getting married there

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed in this B&B last minute and booked before we read any reviews, after reading a mixture of reviews we decided to go for it anyway. We found a very authentic castle. The staff were very welcoming, friendly and relaxed. Ok, the room wasn't a luxury 5* room, but hey, it's an old castle charging very reasonable rates, the important bits were clean - the bed, bath & towels - we had a good comfortable nights sleep. The breakfast in the morning was excellent, they cater for all and the cooked breakfast was hot when it arrived, the service again was excellent. Overall, a lovely place and we would definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Jaqui C
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I came here for my boyfriends sisters wedding and all I can say is don't come here! I wish that I had looked on this site before I cam as it would definitely have made my mind up for me! First of all the state of the rooms are awful. The people who own this castle should be embarrassed, they obviously don't care about the castle at all and only care about the amount of money they can get from people. The wallpaper is coming away from the walls, the ceilings are yellow and full of cobwebs, the rooms definitely haven't seen a cloth in years! There are holes in the floor which are covered by the carpet and you only find them when your foot goes through them! The shower in our room didn't work at all and the plumbing looked miserable! The pipe work rattled so loud that it sounded like a helicopter was taking off in our room. I ended up not being able to sleep in the bed due to the springs coming out of the mattress and so I had to resort to sleeping on the chair. Safe to say when I told the owner about this he simply shrugged his shoulders and told me that nobody else has ever complained! Not exactly what I wanted to hear when I had to hand over £170 for 2 nights in an armchair! Sleeping in a car would have been better than this, more luxurious and cheaper! If your looking for a rough nights sleep, a disgusting room and poor management then this is the place for you. If you want a good nights sleep, friendly service and good customer care go somewhere else! The only good thing about this place is the views.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen B
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This is my second review of Banwell Castle and 6th stay - My last review mentioned we were getting married here... So...
...We got married here on June 29th, And we are still stunned a month later!
We could not have wished for a better wedding !
I have been to many highly expensive weddings at venues in Surrey but our day basically wiped the floor with them - We almost felt guilty and tempted to tell guests what we paid - I won't tell here :).
Luckily we did have an extremely sunny and hot day which made the views from the gardens at the rear absolutely breathtaking !
So relaxing, no pressure and all organised with military precision by Carmino (Castles own Wedding Organiser).
We hired all 12 rooms for close family and friends for 2 nights and guests stayed in near by B&B's etc. that were easily reached by very goo local Taxis.
The night before our wedding was like having the place to ourselves for a party & all the kids went off and explored the rooms (looking for ghosts) and we all room hoped and had drinks.
The Owner had absolutely no problem with this. and cooked a great breakfast in the morning.
The day it's self was amazing - Food by Carmino was superb and we ate in the courtyard, which later became the disco. we had early drinks and pictures out on the lawn, which was almost a scene from a movie. All in all a dream wedding! I cannot believe what we'd have missed if we had not known about Somerset hiding a truly perfect, affordable, unique wedding venue only 2.5 hrs from Surrey!
Please - If your getting married - book a night here and ask to talk to Carmino when you arrive - you won't look back .

Richard & Sam

Room Tip: Please Read my earlier Review .