“Excellent Sunday Lunch”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Have visited this restaurant a few times and have never been disappointed. Always good food served in a nice atmosphere. The cod on mash potato is very good as is the duck. The traditional sunday lunch roasts are huge and very good value. Puddings delightful.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We had a lovely evening meal (again) here. I was pleased to find that BOTH of the burgers offered on the specials' board were gluten-free. They weren't serving the chicken I had here before so I opted for a tasty boar-burger (without the bap) topped with Ilchester Applewood, smoked cheese and slices of apple. The salad, aioli and chunky chips were lovely too. I was relieved not to have a bap as the serving was ample without it.
The specials were reasonably priced, but the items on the main menu were a little more expensive... but I expect they were lovely too!

1  Thank Nikki E
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Went here for a business lunch. We sat outside as the sun was shining for a change.

The menu had a great selection of gastro-pub type fayre - the sort of food I enjoy eating. Not priced too badly - but not cheap. You don't mind paying £10 for lunch if its nice, fresh and well cooked. This was all 3 of those things.

Would definitely go again.

Also tried to eat here the night before but they stopped serving at 9pm and I arrived at 9:05pm (its a very small village so I guess things close earlier than I am used to). I was a little miffed about this - but am glad I still went back the next day.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Loved this place. Service was very efficient and friendly. Food was a little on the expensive side and there could have been a little more choice. However, there is not much in the area, unless you wish to drive. We enjoyed it very much and thought the crayons in a tub on the table was an excellent idea as adults could enjoy doodling on the paper table cloth whilst waiting between courses.

1  Thank Melanie D
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My family and i went to the wookey hole inn to celebrate my mums birthday and what a lovely celebration it was. When we arrived we were pleasantly greeted by the staff who then showed us to our table in which they had decorated it with happy birthday. The food .....WOW we all went for different options and was all equally amazed by the presentation that had gone into it. To start i had tiger prawns (too good to choose anything else) main i had the fillet of beef which was beautiful (i asked for a steak knife and was told i wouldn't need one) she was right !!! Unfortunate i couldn't fit pudding in but will be sure to go back to try one.