Don't get me wrong the rooms were nice enough, but we arrived to find out that not only did the restaurant close at 5pm (we must have missed this on the booking website we fount it on) but so did the bar, and were told "well you are in Somerset" yet there were many other places open (none so close unfortunately) and it was a bank holiday weekend. So as a result, once we'd eaten elsewhere (had to pay £11.70 each way in a cab which took us about 5 mins up the road, (I guess that was outsiders prices as we were advised it would be a lot cheaper) we went back to one of the rooms just to play cards, not noisily at all, we may have all laughed at the same time once though, and evidently the person we presumed to be the live in security guard upstairs (who I must add is like an elephant stomping around all the time, woke up to that a couple of times) did not like this at 9.30 or 10pm as he banged very loudly on the floor 3 times to discourage us... Sorry for laughing in a room we paid for!!! So beware if you stay in room 1, you may have a loud resident who expects silence in return. Breakfast on the other hand was very nice!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walk, Rest and Play around the beautiful Mendip Hills of Somerset. Hotel, Restaurant and Bar offering a wide range of continental beer, local real ale and traditional cider. Enjoy freshly prepared food in a laid back environment then relax and chill out in one of the spacious double rooms, all with king size beds. Breakfast comes continental style delivered to your room in a basket to be enjoyed at your leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly and LateRooms so you can book your The Wookey Hole Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wookey Hole Hotel Wookey Hole
- The Wookey Hole Inn Somerset