“Weekend Stay”

Premier Inn Godalming Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Godalming
Reviewed 4 February 2013

My partner and I stayed for one night whilst visiting friends in the area.

We got one of the cheap deals - £29 for a night - which was a fantastic bargain.

For that price, I would happily stay again. The hotel is in a good location - a 5min drive from Farncombe station. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

The room was very comfortable and clean. Tea/coffee making facilities, hair-dryer, and extra pillows in the room.

The Beefeater restaurant downstairs was reasonably priced too. Approx. £10 for a main meal and they were big portions.

We opted for the Continental Breakfast which again was good value - £5.10 (I think) for all-you-can-eat choices of toast, crumpets, cereals, yoghurt, fruit, croissants, tea/coffee, juices, etc. The cooked breakfast was also very good value but we weren't hungry enough for it.

If we could find another £29 deal, we wouldn't hesitate staying here again when in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank Eileen.Lucy

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Room was nice, location was good but there was no heating in the bathroom, freezing cold in January, when shower ran you had condensation dripping everywhere as the walls were so cold, forget using the mirrors for hours as they're wet. Told receptionist but not interested despite telling us on arrival that they guarenteed a good stay, just words as they couldn't care less really. We left a day early but no one asked why. Emailed customer care but they never responded. Go on a warm day and you should be ok, cold day - don't bother

• Stayed: January 2013
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Godalming Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

Thank you for your review. It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable stay, and I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured that all feedback is very important to us and we would like the opportunity to investigate further. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

We stayed here for a wedding nearby and the quality of the nights sleep was fantastic. The room was massive with a huge bed which was great. It cost us £56 for the night which was great value. The staff were great as well, very welcoming and friendly and it made us feel really good. A really nice stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Hotel is easy to find, on the main road going into the town. Car parking, even though very busy on the Friday night, was good.

Nicky, on Reception, was extremely helpful and, I felt, went beyond just 'doing' her job. For example, on discovering that I was a lone female guest who was steeling herself to eat alone in the very busy bar/restaurant, she very kindly offered to have the meal delivered to my room. Considering this to be room service, I asked the charge and was told there wasn't one. She also gave me a 50% off the food voucher. I'm not saying that was because I was female (!) as the offer was open to anyone eating but, I wasn't aware of the offer and it was nice of her to point it out.

Food in the hotel is good; the breakfast being probably the best I've eaten in a hotel, here or abroad. It consisted of the usual buffet of cereals, fruit, breads, etc but the 'full English' was plentiful, tasty and cooked to order. This made it, wait for it, HOT! Unfortunately, I cannot say this for others I've stayed in where food is kept 'hot' under lamps. Others, please take note.

My room was large, modern and very clean. The only gripes I had with it were duly reported at the time, as one should. I found the room very cold. The room thermostat was set at 17c when I first went in, so that was understandable. However, despite putting it up to 28 ( the highest possible), it never felt warm. At that temperature, I should have been roasting. By standing on the chair, I could reach the ceiling unit and found it was only blowing a trickle of warm air. Consequently, I woke several times in the night from the cold. The bathroom, also, was freezing in the morning. To be fair, when Nicky looked at it, all the lights suggested it was working correctly but just going outside into the corridor made me realise it was cooler in my room than there.

The other problem was the fact I was in Room 11. People visiting Trip may have read another review citing this room as being above the kitchen extractor fans. Although being in this room means there's certainly no road noise and it is at the end of a corridor ( always a plus), the fans emit a constant drone until quite late at night and then I first heard them again at 6 the following morning.

I'd had a long and stressful day and so needed an early night/lie in but didn't get either as the drone sounded like it was just behind my head. Nicky, at breakfast asked about my night as she had seen how tired I was when I checked in. I explained but said I had slept in between, on and off, so not too much of a problem.

She went away and promptly came back with a refund for the room under Premier's 'Good Night Guarantee'. I was very surprised but she assured me this was correct. Although I had seen the TV adverts for this, they hadn't really registered (normally tune out of them!) and so certainly wasn't looking for a refund. All I can say is, 'Well done, Premier!'

On checking out, I was struggling to go down the stairs ( there is no lift) with my luggage and a very kind member of the Housekeeping staff saw this and asked if I needed any help. Excellent staff and service. I have also sung their praises in Premier's survey.

So, a lovely, welcoming hotel that I have already promised myself I will revisit. I may even get to eat in the restaurant if my OH is with me :-)

Room Tip: Maybe not Room 11 but of course, it's relative. You may not be bothered by the fans.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in January. Rooms were large by Premier Inn standards & clean. Staff were all very helpful & breakfast buffet was excellent. The only downside with the room was the fact that the shower pressure fluctuated which meant that you'd get spurts of cool water & then hot. Other than that the hotel is great, only 5 minutes drive from Farncombe station.

It pays to keep an eye out for the Premier Inn sales, we paid £39 per night but I noticed during the sale rooms were down to £19 - not a bad price if you can get it.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2013

This hotel has 16 rooms and is in an old modernised building. Our room (number 12) was nearly twice the size of others and was at the back so was quiet. The room was very clean, the bed was comfy, the shower worked well and the TV also. Another person in our party had trouble accessing their bath/shower. The very nice blond lady on reception suggested they change rooms (to room 2) which had easy access facilities. We didn't have the breakfast so can't comment on that.

Room Tip: Room 12 is good. Room 2 for easy access facilities but it is at the front.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Stayed here to attend a New Years Eve concert in nearby Woking, very friendly welcome , thought room was for single occupancy so reception rushed us up extra towels. Lovely quiet room (9) very well equipped , counted 9 sockets and nice wall mounted TV . Had meal in Beefeater before concert which was very nice, Breakfast in morning was normal Premier Inn, well looked after by waiting staff who also advised on lovely canal walk accessed via re garden. All in all excellent stay , great friendly welcoming staff, will look forward to staying again should we be in area again

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bourneirish
Also consider these accommodations in or near Godalming
Godalming Hotel
Premier Inn Guildford North (A3) Hotel
The Devils Punchbowl
The Devils Punchbowl
#1 of 1 in Hindhead

Been to Premier Inn Godalming Hotel? Share your experiences!